Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
maryb@Dish Network said:
When customers do an upgrade that includes a Technician install, the technician is responsible for returning the receivers and DISH will not send boxes.

Thanks for the clarification Mary. The CSR seemed to go back and forth in my online chat but I think the last thing said was that the tech would take them.

I am trying to upgrade to a hopper only, but was told that a hopper would not work without a joey. Could I get a PM from someone on the dirt team to help me.

Thanks

Each Hopper on an account MUST have at least one Joey. There is no way around this guideline. Sending PM!

To be precise, apparently a Hopper CAN work without a Joey. They just have a business policy not allowing it. Reference posts where people have gotten Hoppers working but not the Joeys. Therefore, a Joey-less Hopper can physically work. But they won't allow it.

Mary, what about single tv installs (no joey)?

Then the Hopper system is not for them. :(

I was thinking of getting the Hopper in my room. My family doesn't want to switch to Dish, and wants to stay with DirecTV. I want Dish with the Hopper. Hmmm.

Tsk. Tsk.

And don't think I'm happy about it.

I know how you feel. Do you think I was happy that my bill would've gone up by at least $11 while people with more TVs were getting a price break? :(

maryb@Dish Network said:
Each Hopper on an account MUST have at least one Joey. There is no way around this guideline. Sending PM!

So if want two hoppers I must have two joeys correct?

I asked in another thread... I have Motorhome that has a system by kingdome that self aligns my 722. Do you think it would work for a hopper?

I asked in another thread... I have Motorhome that has a system by kingdome that self aligns my 722. Do you think it would work for a hopper?

When you run a check switch test on the 722 when connected to the Kingdome, what does it say next to "switch" on the install summary? Also, how many outputs does your kingdome have? If you can provide the model number of the kingdome, we can get you an answer

Apparently new customers can get a Hopper only (1 TV) cause I went through the online ordering to check (since I am already a sub), and it let me select 1 TV with Hopper Whole Home...

Attachments

• Hoppper Only.PNG
    Hoppper Only.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 230
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)