Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I originally ordered a 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup. The 2nd Joey was going to be a problem so I called Dish and asked about dropping one of the joeys. CSR said just tell the technician to not install the 2nd Joey and call Dish and it would be removed from the work order. We attempted to do this and was told today that each hopper must have a least one Joey. I have seen in the forums that a Hopper without a Joey is possible. What do I need to do?

I originally ordered a 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup. The 2nd Joey was going to be a problem so I called Dish and asked about dropping one of the joeys. CSR said just tell the technician to not install the 2nd Joey and call Dish and it would be removed from the work order. We attempted to do this and was told today that each hopper must have a least one Joey. I have seen in the forums that a Hopper without a Joey is possible. What do I need to do?

I'm not sure what you can do. There are so many conflicting reports and Dish is so messed up with what you can and can't do. The best thing you can do is keep trying to activate it without the second Joey until Dish lets you.

Ok I did it, looks to me like Dirt is used to over capacity so used the Chat line and it is $200 for 2 H, 2 J for $97 without taxes, also needed to order a Sling Adapter as well for $30. No set up fee, so for $230 I have replaced a 922 with Sling, 612, and added another 24 months to the lease period.

No OTA but with 2 hoppers I will have 6 tuners which beats 4 tuners any day, but no OTA locals so if there are disputes between any of the providers and Dish Locals I will be out of luck. Win some loose some.

Moe

OK, so there is a thread somewhere among all these Hopper threads that have popped up that a DIRT team member arranged for a 2H/1J install. The posted said that one DIRT team member said it is not possible, but the other one figured out how to do it. I can't find the post and don't know who was the member who figured out how to do it. So...my request is that if a DIRT team member can arrange this type of install for me, will you please contact me?

I was told on chat with a CSR that I would be able to get that setup no problem for a $200 fee, no installation fee (even had me hold on until they checked to be sure...and yes, i saved the chat), but after reading all the stories about being told that but the order confirmation showed something else, I'd much rather have a DIRT team member's assistance. No major rush, looking for perhaps a weekend installation. :)

Coach Knight said:
OK, so there is a thread somewhere among all these Hopper threads that have popped up that a DIRT team member arranged for a 2H/1J install. The posted said that one DIRT team member said it is not possible, but the other one figured out how to do it. I can't find the post and don't know who was the member who figured out how to do it. So...my request is that if a DIRT team member can arrange this type of install for me, will you please contact me?

I was told on chat with a CSR that I would be able to get that setup no problem for a $200 fee, no installation fee (even had me hold on until they checked to be sure...and yes, i saved the chat), but after reading all the stories about being told that but the order confirmation showed something else, I'd much rather have a DIRT team member's assistance. No major rush, looking for perhaps a weekend installation. :)

I originally requested 2H/1J. Confirmation was wrong so I called in and got it corrected. Several hours later, the corrected order was cancelled and reissued as 2H/2J. Called in, got the run around. Was hung up on by a supervisor. Called back and got kicked up to the executive team. That gentleman was clueless- said the only way to get two Hoppers was to order at least 4 Joeys. I thanked him for his time and kept the altered appointment for 2H/2J.

Explained what I needed to the installer today. He called in and got the work order changed and I'm now enjoying a 2 Hopper 1 Joey system.

Coach Knight, I believe it was Zach that successfully set up a 2H 1J install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)