Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would like to upgrade from a 722 and a 722k to 2 hoppers and 3 joeys. Please pm me at your convenience. Thanks !

I just signed up with Dish Network in December, I wished I would have known the hopper was coming out so soon, because I would have waited. Anyways right now I have 2 722k and just an hd receiver in the basement. Would I just need 1 hopper and 2 joeys? how much would the equipment cost me?

Can someone Pm the info

Thanks alot

Chris

I just signed up with Dish Network in December, I wished I would have known the hopper was coming out so soon, because I would have waited. Anyways right now I have 2 722k and just an hd receiver in the basement. Would I just need 1 hopper and 2 joeys? how much would the equipment cost me?

Can someone Pm the info

Thanks alot

Chris

FYI - I signed up for DISH on 06/2011 with a 722k and 215k. I upgraded to a Hopper and 2 Joeys last month, cost of $100 plus $15 tech visit. I would think they could offer the same thing, unless their computer shows otherwise.

With 5 TVS, you would need 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. Free - $199 - Free - Free - Free, under normal cicrumstances.

With 5 TVS, you would need 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. Free - $199 - Free - Free - Free, under normal cicrumstances.

This would be possible as a qualifying new customer. As an existing customer it would be $100.00- $100.00 -Free -Free -Free as a best case senario!

Contacted Dish 2 weeks ago- they originally quoted me $400 to upgrade to 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Patched me through to loyalty customer service- and they dropped down to $350. I've been with Dish for roughly a decade. Moved up to NY from NC and they required me to upgrade to a dual 722 setup. That was in December 2011. I originally had 1-722, and 2-508DVR's. I guess that reset my contract date, even though I had no other option, if I wanted to maintain service with dish.

Today I contact them again, asking to upgrade to 1 hopper and 2 joeys- now the cost is $600 with a new 2 year contract. The guy kindly told me that was a reduced upgrade price. I asked what my contract expiration date was and how much my termination fee was, thinking maybe he'd get the idea to give me a better price. I mean- 2 weeks ago it was $250 dollars less.

Contacted Dish 2 weeks ago- they originally quoted me $400 to upgrade to 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Patched me through to loyalty customer service- and they dropped down to $350. I've been with Dish for roughly a decade. Moved up to NY from NC and they required me to upgrade to a dual 722 setup. That was in December 2011. I originally had 1-722, and 2-508DVR's. I guess that reset my contract date, even though I had no other option, if I wanted to maintain service with dish.

Today I contact them again, asking to upgrade to 1 hopper and 2 joeys- now the cost is $600 with a new 2 year contract. The guy kindly told me that was a reduced upgrade price. I asked what my contract expiration date was and how much my termination fee was, thinking maybe he'd get the idea to give me a better price. I mean- 2 weeks ago it was $250 dollars less.

Hi, I am sorry that you have been conflicting information from DISH regarding the Hopper upgrade. Please PM me your account or phone number, name, and 4 digit pin number so I can review your account. Thank you!

I am an existing customer and called Dish for an upgrade from VIP722HD to the Hopper. I only have one tv but I was told I had to have 2 tv's, both HD and had to get a joey with the hopper. Is this true?

I just upgraded from a 722K to a Hopper + 1 Joey. I wanted 2 Joeys but the person taking the order couldn't figure out how to add a second one on. Is it too late to do this (install was done yesterday).

I'm a long time Dish customer with a 722k and a single TV. Please contact me with information about upgrading to a single hopper.

3rd call must have been a charm. Actually used Dish Chat, and after speaking with the first rep for 10 minutes, asked him to please forward me to a customer loyalty rep. Explained my issue, and told him I would not upgrade if the cost was more than $200. He took a minute to review my account, and came back with an offer I couldn't refuse- $100 dollars for 1H/2J. Think if I eventually need the 3rd Joey, I'll just buy it outright for $119. The representative was very polite, and said he "had to make some magic happen after he saw my "tenure" with Dish Network".

So, I'm happy, and I scheduled my upgrade for the 16th- my choice to push it out until after next weekend. Since that will give me time to run the Cat6 cable where I want it, and my TV mounted on the wall.

I am a DriectTV customer thinking of making the switch to DISH & try out their new Hopper/Joey. But I have noticed their HD picture quality not very good at a couple of my Friends places. They have top of the line TV's. I am very happy with PQ with DirecTV. Not sure if the VIP receivers are the issue and does the Hopper have a better PQ compared to others? I may need 2 Hoppers if I make the switch. Any thoughts on this?

I am a DriectTV customer thinking of making the switch to DISH & try out their new Hopper/Joey. But I have noticed their HD picture quality not very good at a couple of my Friends places. They have top of the line TV's. I am very happy with PQ with DirecTV. Not sure if the VIP receivers are the issue and does the Hopper have a better PQ compared to others? I may need 2 Hoppers if I make the switch. Any thoughts on this?

If you compare the PQ between DirecTV and Dish on the same TV, the same station, the same program, the same TV input and cable you should not see any significant differences.

upsss said:
If you compare the PQ between DirecTV and Dish on the same TV, the same station, the same program, the same TV input and cable you should not see any significant differences.

Perhaps frame compensation is turned on. I've noticed problems with several channels, and its not the dish/channel, its a setting on the tv. Essentially with 120hz plus tvs, the pq is so crisp that ur eyes don't like it, so you almost have to add noise to the picture.

Perhaps frame compensation is turned on. I've noticed problems with several channels, and its not the dish/channel, its a setting on the tv. Essentially with 120hz plus tvs, the pq is so crisp that ur eyes don't like it, so you almost have to add noise to the picture.

What bothered me was both the TV's I saw are the best Plasmas on the market. Pioneer Kuro & Panasonic VT series. I own a Panasonic plasma VT series as well.

It doesn't mater how much money your friends spend on their TVs if you are comparing apples to oranges. There are many differences between DirecTV and Dish services, HD picture quality isn't one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts