Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I recently dropped the protection package. If I go with Hopper, should I have this in place to save $ on install? Also, it looks like I would need 1 hopper and 3 joeys to replace my one 722 with tv2 to several places. I have 5 locations total, but can leave one off until this is installed. I also would want a Off Air Module within a day of the install. Now, I have one drawing from dish showing a Hopper with 3 joey's but all the later stuff does not show a single hopper. I would like a quote for a 4 tv system (I hopper, 3 Joey's and OTA module). Thanks.

It is only $50 more to go with 2 Hopper/2Joey system instead and most here feel money well spent as your monthly fee does not increase, but your flexibility does, greatly.

Hi wonderful DIRT folks,

I'm interested in dropping my problematic 922 and upgrading to something that hopefully works better. Please pm me to discuss options.

I've got the guote on the 1h, 3 joey, but let me look at 2h, 2j. Each hopper sounds like $50. Looking at the 2 hopper/2 joey diagram, I see the sendone hopper has a WiFi adapter sitting on it. Is there a charge for this. And since I am getting the Off air Module, can off air be seen on both Joey's and Hoppers?

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade to hopper/joey setup, looking for 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. My schedule is all over the boards so is there a way to self install? Need to know my price options as well.

Thanks

I've got the guote on the 1h, 3 joey, but let me look at 2h, 2j. Each hopper sounds like $50. Looking at the 2 hopper/2 joey diagram, I see the sendone hopper has a WiFi adapter sitting on it. Is there a charge for this. And since I am getting the Off air Module, can off air be seen on both Joey's and Hoppers?

The technician will connect the Hopper system to the internet and we do not charge for the device he uses to make this connection. The Hopper OTA channel will be available on all the tuners on that Hopper but with a dual Hopper install, you will need a USB OTA adapter for each Hopper.

Looking to upgrade to hopper/joey setup, looking for 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. My schedule is all over the boards so is there a way to self install? Need to know my price options as well.

Thanks

Just to let everyone know, there is NO self install option for the Hopper/Joey. Thank you!

Although there are those of use who know enough to self install, but I understand that DISH has no way of knowing this. Before I retired I worked at a broadcast station and installed many satellite systems, including Direct and Dish and also worked with dish to get the tv system onto dish. I also installed *most* of the sat systems over the years at home. When we were re-roofed last year, I did a complete re-install of my system from dish to lines in and outside and the wiring hub. But that would not qualify me for a hopper install because I am not a certified employee even though the hookup diagrams are simple. I know I would have to hold the hand during the intall so lines could be reused. Since my line to my dish is underground, I did run the lines that were on the roof to the dish for future hopper connections. I guess I am just protesting the no-self install policy.

I'd like to upgrade my home system currently with a 722 and 211 - current plan is to add 2 more 211s for upstairs, but I'd consider a Hopper / Joey setup if it makes sense.

I'd appreciate a PM from the DIRT team on this, thanks.

I am ready to upgrade current setup to 2 Hopper/ 2 Joey + [ 1 ] OTA. Pls PM when available.
Thanks

Assistance completed. Quick and painless. DIRT should be a a model for other companies. Thanks Zach

I believe I am ready to upgrade my beloved 722 to a 1H/1J set-up...gulp...

Pls PM when available. If it matters, I am in Hawaii.

Can someone contact me about a upgrade to a 2H 4J setup... Currently my 622 is having herd drive issues so I'm looking to get upgraded

I'm interested in my options for a hopper plus 2 joey upgrade (current is 722 plus 2x612) plus OTA plus sling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)