Hopper Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
interested in upgrading from 1 VIP722K and one VIP211 to the hopper. 2 HDTV's and one SD tv. can run a converter from HDMI if needed. Chatted with someone online who didn't seem to know the prices or the equipment and quoted around 300$ for an upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.
\

Thanks/ Pm received from Matt 2/28

Having a problem with my Hopper. My old 722k was connected using the Homeplug system with a modem in the wall where my Uverse gateway is. Worked fine with my Sling adapter But since the Hopper doesn't have that I have had to use the wireless network in my house. Unfortunately no matter what I do I can't get the wireless system to maintain a good enough feed to use the Sling any more.

So I want to use a wired adapter through the electrical lines from the gateway to the Hopper. I saw a month or so ago that you had adapters like that on the Dish store, but can't find them now. Unfortunately your phone support just isn't technical enough to understand what I am looking for.

Can I get a little help getting what I need to wire connect the Hopper to my Uverse Gateway through the electrical system in my house?

Having a problem with my Hopper. My old 722k was connected using the Homeplug system with a modem in the wall where my Uverse gateway is. Worked fine with my Sling adapter But since the Hopper doesn't have that I have had to use the wireless network in my house. Unfortunately no matter what I do I can't get the wireless system to maintain a good enough feed to use the Sling any more.

So I want to use a wired adapter through the electrical lines from the gateway to the Hopper. I saw a month or so ago that you had adapters like that on the Dish store, but can't find them now. Unfortunately your phone support just isn't technical enough to understand what I am looking for.

Can I get a little help getting what I need to wire connect the Hopper to my Uverse Gateway through the electrical system in my house?

Hi, I would be happy to assist you. You can use the Powerline Home adapters with the Hopper but you will need two of them. One at the modem and the other at the Hopper location. Do you still have the one from the ViP install? Please PM me your account or phone number and four digit security code and I will assist you further. Thank you!

Current customer (250 channel plan) beyond two year contract. Have two VIP722 and one sling adapter. Would like to upgrade to two hoppers with sling and two Joeys. Have home service in monthly payment. What would my conversion cost be? Also change to monthly bill?

I currently have (1) 722K, (1) 722, (2) 622. I would like to upgrade to (2) Hopper w/sling & (2) Joey. I am a long time Dish customer(14 years) I have subscribed to the Everything Pak for as long as I can remember. Can you let me know what the upgrade coast would be? Thanks

I currently have (1) 722K, (1) 722, (2) 622. I would like to upgrade to (2) Hopper w/sling & (2) Joey. I am a long time Dish customer(14 years) I have subscribed to the Everything Pak for as long as I can remember. Can you let me know what the upgrade coast would be? Thanks

I have recently upgraded to Hopper with sing, Hopper and three Joeys for $150. I am trying to get same deal for a friend and Dish will not deal. He has told them he is going to Directv and that didn't work. They quoted him $450 for the upgrade. Anyone else got any ideas other than going to the dark side?

Currently have 722k, top 200 channels.Would like to upgrade to a Hopper and one Joey..Would like to know the cost, change to monthly billing. When you get time. Thank you.

I was helpfully directed here for some assistance. I am considering upgrading from two 622's to two Hoppers. Is there a DIRT member who could help with this process and answer some questions for me? Thanks.

Would like a DIRT member to contact me concerning upgrade from Hopper to Hopper with Sling. Already have Sling adapter so only looking to clean up connections by getting rid of Sling adapter, WiFi adapter, and USB hub. Please PM me and let me know what the cost to swap receivers would be. Thank you.

I currently have a 622 with Top 200 channels. My 622 is on its last legs with the HDMI not working (component out works) and now optical audio is not working.
Would a DIRT member please contact me on upgrading my 622 to a Hopper with Sling and USB OTA Module.

Thank you.

Right now I'm getting married and we are combining two households with two dish accounts.
VIP622 with Top 200 + VIP722 with Top 250

Want to move to a 1H/1J setup + OTA + Top250. Will a DIRT member please PM me the upgrade cost? Thanks!

Just wanted to compliment Mary from DIRT for answering all my questions and setting me up with my new Sling loaded Hopper and Joey. Once I made the decision, I had it installed in a matter of days (I could have had it faster, but I needed a couple of days to move my programs to my external drive) by an installer who was polite, professional, clean, and accommodating. All around a very nice experience. So far we are loving our hopper! My 622 gave me years of enjoyment, but the faster hopper with more tuners, storage, speed, and features is a very nice upgrade. I also like that it is a much smaller box and is a lot quieter on top of that. I am glad I waited a year and was able to get the sling version.

Thanks Mary!!!!!

Just wanted to compliment Mary from DIRT for answering all my questions and setting me up with my new Sling loaded Hopper and Joey. Once I made the decision, I had it installed in a matter of days (I could have had it faster, but I needed a couple of days to move my programs to my external drive) by an installer who was polite, professional, clean, and accommodating. All around a very nice experience. So far we are loving our hopper! My 622 gave me years of enjoyment, but the faster hopper with more tuners, storage, speed, and features is a very nice upgrade. I also like that it is a much smaller box and is a lot quieter on top of that. I am glad I waited a year and was able to get the sling version.

Thanks Mary!!!!!

DIRT, please contact me regarding my costs to upgrade to 1 Hopper, 1 Joey, and 1 OTA module for Hopper. Thanks.

I went through a local rep and upgraded from one 722k to two hoppers, one regular and one w/sling. Only cost $100 plus $25 for the install. He also only charged me $25 for a OTA dongle.

I would love to be contacted by a DIRT member regarding my options for upgrading my standard Hopper to a new sling loaded Hopper. Thank you.

I just got the Hopper (1st gen) a few months ago. I know some people who just upgraded, and got the Hopper with Sling for free. I want the HWS free as well. I called Dish. They want $200. I tried online chat. They also want $200. I thought I'd plead my case here.

I was a Dish customer for 10 years, and was lulled to cable for a few months because Dish couldn't get a signal where I live in the woods. After realizing that cable was horrible, I called Dish and they sent a competent technician who got a strong signal and set me up with the Hopper.

I have little kids and would love Dish Anywhere for them while on the road. Anyone here have any luck getting the HWS for free? It shouldn't cost Dish a thing, they could just give my 1st gen Hopper to someone who doesn't want Sling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts