Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would like to upgrade from 2 Hopper's and 3 Joey's to 2 Hopper's w/Sling and 3 Super Joey's.
please PM me with the results. Thank you. I am not in a contract...
Also, only single hopper solutions for that SJ. Multiple hoppers, they won't activate a SJ

All - Hope this is the right place to ask this question. Just got off the phone with Dish Tech support as I am having a problem with Lip sync after purchasing a Samsung 4K television. Currently running 2012 model Hopper 2000.

I have contacted Samsung regarding the issue where, after several hours (3-4) the audio lip sync gets way off. The problem is the lips move 1st and then the audio. Very distracting.

The temporary solution is to turn off the Hopper – turn it back on – then the lip sync is fine again – but only for several hours

Samsung says the issue is with my Hopper -

Anyone ever heard of this?

Dish wants $95 and new 2 year to swap out the hopper.

Also website on new Sling Hopper says Autoskip on Primetime recordings only works for 1 day after recording - is that correct?

If I go with the new Sling Hopper - Will I have any "this is way cool" moments = not sure that "sling" feature is all that important to me.

Thanks for any assistance

lnagel,

With the lip sync issue there are some things that can be done to better this. To fully assist you will you please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN numbers?

Thanks.

I'm moving to a house that isn't yet finished, need to suspend service for about a month-and-a-half, and I have 2 Hoppers, no Joeys. I would like to find out about upgrading one of the Hoppers to HWS at the same time.

You might want to pause, and then when you come out of pause set up the upgrade. It would not make any sense to upgrade and then pause.

Hello.

I am a dish customer that is coming out of a 2 year contract. I have two hoppers now (one HWS). Both are dying (HWS - Hard drive failure, H - constant reboots).

I would like to replace both of them with new Hopper's with Sling / new voice remote. Please send me a message.

Okay, I'm moved into the new house and off pause...Thanks for the suggestion ChadT41. I have two Hoppers, no Joeys right now and would like to add three Joeys. If possible, I would like to change out my older Hopper 2000 (with Sling dongle) to a HWS too.

Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: mikeH_dishNetwork
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)