Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm a Dish customer out-of-contract, with a single TV and a single 622 DVR and would like information on upgrading to a Hopper with Sling. Questions:
  1. Would I be able to watch\transfer content with the Hopper that I have stored on an external hard drive with the 622?
  2. How do I know if I need any changes to the dish or LNB vs. just a simple receiver box swap?

Reactions: JasonSu
I'm a Dish customer out-of-contract, with a single TV and a single 622 DVR and would like information on upgrading to a Hopper with Sling. Questions:
  1. Would I be able to watch\transfer content with the Hopper that I have stored on an external hard drive with the 622?
  2. How do I know if I need any changes to the dish or LNB vs. just a simple receiver box swap?

The Hard drive will hook up to the Hopper without an issue.
An installation would be need wiring specs are different for the Hopper system vs the 622. Satellites might change as well depending on if your locals are being migrated to the Eastern Arc verses Western Arc.

I had a Hopper replaced the end of last year due to a failing hard drive. The replacement Hopper has been rebooting three or four times a week since I received it. Most of the time the reboots, if that's what they are, only cause the TV to go black for around 30 seconds, but stop and restart any DVR recordings. I hadn't bothered to request another replacement Hopper as I didn't want to go through transferring recordings back to my EHD and setting up timers again, but it happened twice the other night and I'm fed up with it. DirecTV has been pestering me since 2008 to come back, and for the first time I'm almost considering taking advantage of the numerous promotions they are offering. I've been out of contract since February I believe and I'd prefer to stick with Dish but only if I upgrade to an HWS and Super Joey. Are there any promotions or incentives available to keep a long time customer?

I had a Hopper replaced the end of last year due to a failing hard drive. The replacement Hopper has been rebooting three or four times a week since I received it. Most of the time the reboots, if that's what they are, only cause the TV to go black for around 30 seconds, but stop and restart any DVR recordings. I hadn't bothered to request another replacement Hopper as I didn't want to go through transferring recordings back to my EHD and setting up timers again, but it happened twice the other night and I'm fed up with it. DirecTV has been pestering me since 2008 to come back, and for the first time I'm almost considering taking advantage of the numerous promotions they are offering. I've been out of contract since February I believe and I'd prefer to stick with Dish but only if I upgrade to an HWS and Super Joey. Are there any promotions or incentives available to keep a long time customer?
I'd like to know too.

AFter three reboots Monday night I called Dish Tues. morning. The CSR agreed to upgrade my Hopper and Joey to an HWS and Super Joey for no charge, other than a $3 a month increase. For good measure he also threw in 4 movie channels, of my choice, for 3 months. It was installed this morning.....one day service. So far I'm loving the HWS and the additional tuners in the Super Joey. I also reconnected my OTA module and now have 6 tuners

I currently have a HWS. I would like to add another HWS to my account. Ideally, I would like to tie the two units together so all recorded programming is visible from either unit. I do not have any Joey/Super Joey units. What do I need to do to arrange for an installation? Do I need to add a Joey to share programs?

I'm moving to a new construction house in about a week. I'd like to upgrade my receivers at the same time. Currently have (3) 722s, (1) 612 and (1) 512 - all leased. Interested in 2 Hoppers with Sling, 2 Joeys, and 1 wireless Joey. Thanks in advance.

Close. I'm going from 8 tuners down to 6. My teenagers told me they don't really watch satellite tv anymore - mostly just Netflix. I may consider 3 Hoppers, though.
Stringer,

I am more than happy to help you today! Please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN number for further assistance.

Thanks.

I'm a long time Dish customer long out-of-contract, with a single TV and a single 722 DVR. I would like to upgrade to the new Hopper.
Thanks
Tom

I have a single TV and a single 622 DVR. I would like to upgrade to the new Hopper with Sling.

When you guys say new Hopper, are you referring to the new 4K Hopper with Super Joey? If so, how can I go about upgrading from my current Hopper w/one Joey to the neqw 4K? I wasn't aware it was out yet, until I saw a few of these posts. I've been a Dish customer for 19 years. Is this something a DIRT member can assist me with?
Thanks,

Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)