Hopper USB Ports - Is that front one available?

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
I have a wireless dongle and the OTA dongle attached to the two back Hopper USB ports.

Can I attach a hard drive to the front USB port? or is that Blockbuster only?

Last edited:
Blockbuster only? No idea where you got that one. Yes, you can attach your EHD to it.

Yes you can use the front one or get a USB hub if you don't want things sticking out the front.

AFAIK and have done, you can put EHDs on any of the 3 USB ports. For that matter you can add a 4-way USB hub, powered or not, and use more ports on each of those. I recommend only powering one of the drives into the hub at a time. Limit the total number powered to 3. The port names are assigned in the order recognized, usually, filling from #1. Check the disk size and sample the listing and watch for disk activity.

The 3rd device can be accessed for transfers from Menu button, then 2 down and left wraparound aka the External Hard Drive.

Only the first 2 drives can be accessed for reading/listing/deleting from the DVD button then My Recordings and right to the uncolored button and its drop-down menu.

You could have 3 drives working but doing only one drive at a time is a lot less confusing. LOL

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)