Hopper vs 922, 722 (non k), 211 w/DVR EHD

pjw1967

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
The Woodlands, TX
My 922 got the dreaded black screen/high fan disease today. Ray C on the Dish Support forum says he'll get me a replacement 922. I have been watching all the Hopper issues and would consider it. I am sure my request for clarifications has been dealt with elsewhere and I promised I looked. Here's what I see......

1) Hopper has no OTA module like my non k 722. So no OTA in the guide and no ability to DVR OTA shows except with something now called Prime Time?
2) There might be an OTA module coming that would be a USB?
3) My current EHD's (except for the one on the 211) should work with the Hopper.?
4) Caller ID that now is enabled on all of my equipment is not yet a feature on the Hopper but might be in the future?
5) I saw somewhere on the Dish Support forum that I cannot keep my 722 non k on the same account with the Hopper?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to try to help me understand these issues.

All true except #4. Caller ID is available on the Hopper. Some have had problems with it in the past, but it seems they are making it more reliable now. But not 100% for everybody, at least not yet.

You can have ONE ViP211(k) with the H/J. Owned. Just refer to it as a Tailgater.

. . . And let's hope the promised OTA USB won't become go to the same grave as the 222/K promised to be a DVR with external HDD.

Prime time recording, auto hop, 2 TB disc, and being able to record 4 PT and 2 other channels is well worth the switch for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)