Hopper -VS- Genie Video Collection from CES

GfK Media estimates that more than 20.7 million households representing 53.8 million consumers receive television exclusively through broadcast signals.

So that 33.1 million that have some other tv provider as well as OTA. And out of that How many have a Hopper ?

What 33.1 million? Are you taking the difference between the two numbers in your post? One is housholds, one is the number of people. They are the same figure/group stated two different ways. Both represent the number of housholds (in one) and the number of consumers (number of people in the previous stated houshold number) that only use OTA. There are others that use OTA and other methods, but if it gave that figure, I do not see it.

Exactly DIRECTV was hiding off site... if they would have made themselves available we would have had just as much coverage from them as we had from DISH ... I have both providers so I can cuss or discuss both.
I'm not knocking the hopper, I'm knocking the pathedic cartoon that was supposed to represent it.
Dish couldn't have gotton a hold of a real Hopper and HR34?

What 33.1 million? Are you taking the difference between the two numbers in your post? One is housholds, one is the number of people. They are the same figure stated two different ways. Both represent the number of housholds (in one) and the number of consumers (number of people in the previous stated houshold number) that only use OTA. There are others that use OTA and other methods, but if it gave that figure, I do not see it.
Sorry copy and pasted something before, Its should have said 17.8%:eek:

https://www.nab.org/documents/newsroom/pressRelease.asp?id=2761

GfK Media estimates that more than 20.7 million households representing 53.8 million consumers receive television exclusively through broadcast signals.

So that 17.8% that have some other tv provider as well as OTA. And out of that How many have a Hopper ?
You read that wrong. That says nothing about who has some other provider in addition to OTA. 20.7 million households = 52.8 million people (as there are multiple people per household) who have OTA only.

Sorry copy and pasted something before, Its should have said 17.8%:eek:

17.8% is the same number as the 20.7 million households and 53.8 million consumers.....;) All three mean the same thing, being that those people, however you want to state it, as a percentage, households, or individuals, get their tv exclusively through OTA.

The addition of those that use it with a pay tv service would give you a larger, unstated number of people. :)

I use OTA with my VIP722k. Actually, I record at least 90% of my recordings from the four net, except during summer reruns or other reruns. As for your survey, it does not address how many people use OTA with another source like cable or Dish. It talks about exclusive OTA users. Many must use OTA with Dish and Direct or both would not offer the OTA option on their receivers.

I'm guessing they didn't actually show physical receivers or anything like that due to DirecTV's rights. I'm sure Dish didn't want to spend a ton of money on these comparison ads. They seems cheesy but that's all Dish needs to get the point accross to their target audience.

I'm not even sure where they plan on placing these videos. They may only be used for conferences and trade shows for all we know. If they do go on TV they will probably only be shown to current Dish customers to keep them from switching. Look at the Dish vs Direct comparison ads they have now. They are only shown to current subs and are cheap and cheesy. I'm curious why you are so defensive about these videos?

With advertising people know they will try to market things towards there product. We all know that the Hopper can certain things and the Genie does certain things.

This is like when people who are interested in getting either a new Camaro or Mustang. They go to the Chevy dealer. The Chevy salesman will show and give reasons as to why the Camaro is better than the Mustang. Then that same person will go over to the Ford dealer. The Ford salesman will do the same Mustang is better than a Camaro thing with a Mustang.

. I'm curious why you are so defensive about these videos?
Because they are Un informative, Cheap.

And hold no value what so ever on the product they supposed to represent.

If this is the crap they put out to represent their business, Now wonder they have declining quarters.

With advertising people know they will try to market things towards there product. We all know that the Hopper can certain things and the Genie does certain things.

Yea thats what you would think.

Tell me in what ways did this show the hopper doing anything?

dtro77 trollin' Dish again? Lol. You'd think that someone soo happy with their service wouldn't be so upset that other people prefer other services.

Not going to get into it again, I'll let the other members here keep skoolin' him, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Its been a while since we had a dish vs DirecTV thread...

Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)