Hopper w/sling won't update software

Tvland1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
ohio
I picked up this hopper w/sling recently that appears to have been out of the stream for at least 6 yrs.. Software version S503..I activated it over a week ago with no problems and everything is working fine.. just stuck on old software.I tried several reboots with reboot button, unplugged,run checkswitch,Re-hit receivers with mydish app but nothing seems to want to update software...Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_214314650~2.jpg
    IMG_20210415_214314650~2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 109
I picked up this hopper w/sling recently that appears to have been out of the stream for at least 6 yrs.. Software version S503..I activated it over a week ago with no problems and everything is working fine.. just stuck on old software.I tried several reboots with reboot button, unplugged,run checkswitch,Re-hit receivers with mydish app but nothing seems to want to update software...Any ideas?
Dang! There was a code you punched into the remote on one of the screens. Man, it's been a long time. I'll look and see if I can find it

Try forcing an upgrade using the "Upgrade Software" button on the "Tools" page of the "Diagnostics" menu. Press "Menu" twice on a 40.0 remote to get to the Diagnostics menu.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You also used to be able to go to ch 9607 and let it sit and would start downloading
When I go there I get the 140 code.. Unable to access this feature at this time.Data not available.Please try again later.
I also didn't get the original remote so using a 20.1 for now
I might not want the update since it still has the old games like blackjack and texas hold em..lol

I'm trying the instructions but it's not working using the 20.1 remote..I wish I had the original remote.I have a few 54.0 remotes but haven't tried to get one of them to work with it yet

I'm trying the instructions but it's not working using the 20.1 remote..I wish I had the original remote.I have a few 54.0 remotes but haven't tried to get one of them to work with it yet
The 50 series remotes won't work with the old UI. You need a 40 remote although I would think the 20 series should work. If you can get it into Boot Strap, it'll update. Let me see or if anyone knows how to do that, it should work. One question, you are running via Solo Node, 2 lines from the Dish and a Check Switch passes?

blatimer1983 Thanks!! Those are the steps I was looking for.

The 50 series remotes won't work with the old UI. You need a 40 remote although I would think the 20 series should work. If you can get it into Boot Strap, it'll update. Let me see or if anyone knows how to do that, it should work. One question, you are running via Solo Node, 2 lines from the Dish and a Check Switch passes?

blatimer1983 Thanks!! Those are the steps I was looking for.
Work like a charm.. Took about 20 minutes and updated to H201 .. thanks HipKat... your the best