Hopper will not stream or download in demand

englishtycoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
USVI
Hopper will not work with any of the in demand features, blockbuster@home will not download or stream movies

Ran every test with techs nothing fixed the problem

opened up every port on the network

yet I can go to Dishanywhere and I have no problems everything streams

when I choose a movie on hopper and click watch it should
bring up a box that says watch now or download

that just flashes very quickly then goes to the download option then a
window pops up with message "can not connect to the internet try later od if your internet works please call".

Have opened up every port on router can see it has opened up UPNP port for streaming. Have by passed router. Have also tried a second ISP service that I have

Still unable to stream or down load movies

I have two Roku boxes, Sony google tv and a Bluray player that’s works with netflix Hulu Pandora etc. All of these work fine.

I tried using Blockbuster on the roku box but for some reason it is blocked here in the virgin islands, which needs to be fixed as the techs say it works here and stream fine on my Laptop with dish anywhere.

I am beging to think it is a hopper issue. This is a brand new install.

Many thanks for any help.

Is your Hopper configured for DHCP or static IP?

Does dishanywhere.com see your Hopper (there should be a green ball next to the name of your Hopper)?

Yes can see my hopper

Tampa looked around searched couldn't find an answer, saw some things about earlier firmware

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'll save you the trouble of searching, reading and being annoyed and feeling ripped off.... it's a problem with Dish, they acknowledge it, they don't care. Do you feel annoyed and ripped off?? :p

read through a lot of those posts. I have 2 ISP's tried them both. I also have the Hopper with sling built in. I have all 3 green lights. I can see the movies in BB it is when I try to play them that I get the error. They also show up as downloaded on the DVR but when you click play all you get is a black screen.

Hopper will not work with any of the in demand features, blockbuster@home will not download or stream movies

Ran every test with techs nothing fixed the problem

opened up every port on the network

yet I can go to Dishanywhere and I have no problems everything streams

when I choose a movie on hopper and click watch it should
bring up a box that says watch now or download

that just flashes very quickly then goes to the download option then a
window pops up with message "can not connect to the internet try later od if your internet works please call".

Have opened up every port on router can see it has opened up UPNP port for streaming. Have by passed router. Have also tried a second ISP service that I have

Still unable to stream or down load movies

I have two Roku boxes, Sony google tv and a Bluray player that’s works with netflix Hulu Pandora etc. All of these work fine.

I tried using Blockbuster on the roku box but for some reason it is blocked here in the virgin islands, which needs to be fixed as the techs say it works here and stream fine on my Laptop with dish anywhere.

I am beging to think it is a hopper issue. This is a brand new install.

Many thanks for any help.

As far as I know the only streaming service that has the rights to stream content to the USVI on a set top box is Netflix. Other devices have different rules and movie streams may or may not be available.

To stream using Amazon, Blockbuster and some other services requires using a VPN connection that puts your public IP somewhere in the 50 US states. Miami is best because it is the nearest point and Global crossings fiber comes ashore in Florida.

Because running a VPN on a router slows down your connection, unless you have a powerful router with lots of memory and a fast processor, you may need the 5 Mbps service from BBVI to get high definition streams.

Also Amazon requires you have a credit card with a US billing address if you want to rent or purchase a video.

Hi

My name is Vivek - I am with the DISH Product Team. Was trying to send you a PM to request some information - but looks like your account is not able to accept PM's anymore. Can you send me a PM so we can take a look at this issue

Thanks

Vivek
DISH

Englishtycoon you are a very lucky person. Take him up on the offer. And change your account settings to accept PMs.

read through a lot of those posts. I have 2 ISP's tried them both. I also have the Hopper with sling built in. I have all 3 green lights. I can see the movies in BB it is when I try to play them that I get the error. They also show up as downloaded on the DVR but when you click play all you get is a black screen.

I have the same problem with the "blank screen" downloads too. Although for me, it's not ALL movies. Just some. Seems very random. But I can download all the Pink Panther cartoons I want with no problems! :D

Still no fix yet. As I am in the Puerto Rico, VI area I know HBOgo does not work here, but I am able to stream epic movies through Dishanywhere on a Mac but not on the hopper. Any one else in this region having the same problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)