hopper wireless adapter support

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcf57

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Can the new Hopper DISH DVR receiver use various brand USB wireless adapters (to make it connect to the internet for Blockbuster@home) instead of the one that DISH tries to sell you? I have a Dlink DWL-122 USB wireless adapter that I was hoping could be used with a Hopper receiver.

Can the new Hopper DISH DVR receiver use various brand USB wireless adapters (to make it connect to the internet for Blockbuster@home) instead of the one that DISH tries to sell you? I have a Dlink DWL-122 USB wireless adapter that I was hoping could be used with a Hopper receiver.

Not any USB adapter is supported. The only supported adapter is the Netgear wnda3100 v2 unit Dish sells. There may be a few others that happen to use the same chipset that will work, but I don't know of any list.

If you haven't been installed yet, the tech should provide the Dish unit free of charge. If you're looking to add on to an existing install and already have an adapter to try, plug it in and see- if it's recognized you'll get a popup right away to go through the setup wizard. Otherwise, the $25 Dish price is fair, although they sometimes can be had for a few bucks less on ebay.

Yes it can work, however it is not officially supported.

So if your wife is making dinner and you are watching the big game don't blame DISH if your TV goes out during the big play of the game because your wife turned on the Microwave to heat up the peas. :D

Yes it can work, however it is not officially supported.

So if your wife is making dinner and you are watching the big game don't blame DISH if your TV goes out during the big play of the game because your wife turned on the Microwave to heat up the peas. :D

i don't there's any big game on blockbuster at home :p

I guess I can try my Dlink USB wireless adapter and see if it recognizes it. Then see if I can configure it correctly. Can't hurt. Otherwise, I actually have a (Netgear) wireless Ethernet bridge adapter (WGPS606) that I could move and use just as well. Would just plug it into the Hopper's ethernet port. Was just hoping to use this Dlink USB adapter first since I might have another use for the Netgear wireless bridge adapter.

I guess I can try my Dlink USB wireless adapter and see if it recognizes it. Then see if I can configure it correctly. Can't hurt. Otherwise, I actually have a (Netgear) wireless Ethernet bridge adapter (WGPS606) that I could move and use just as well. Would just plug it into the Hopper's ethernet port. Was just hoping to use this Dlink USB adapter first since I might have another use for the Netgear wireless bridge adapter.

I have 1 Hopper connected with a Linksys WGA610n wireless adapter and it works great so I imagine your Netgear unit should also be good. I have a Dish provided USB adapter but I get better thruput with the Linksys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)