slingbox question

mcf57

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
If I hook up a slingbox adapter to a DISH Hopper DVR receiver, will it allow me to watch live TV on other devices (iPad, android, etc) away from home and NOT affect what is being watched on the main Hopper at the time? I'm hoping it somehow utilizes the multiple tuners of the Hopper.

OK, so I can easily watch and change channels as needed when away from home, but the wife can then watch DISH network as desired and not be interfered with AT ALL, correct? She doesn't use PIP & am pretty sure its just straight surfing like habits (changing the channel every so often).

If I hook up a slingbox adapter to a DISH Hopper DVR receiver, will it allow me to watch live TV on other devices (iPad, android, etc) away from home and NOT affect what is being watched on the main Hopper at the time? I'm hoping it somehow utilizes the multiple tuners of the Hopper.

For clarity, a Slingbox will not do what you want, it will use the the same output from the Hopper that goes to the TV.

A Sling adapter will use one of the Hopper's 3 tuners if available and nor impact local TV viewing in most instances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts