Hopper Wish List - What to change

-An app with Dish notices - update announcements, channel lineup changes, etc.

Yes, I've heard this from many people such as to know when a new channels is available or even which are in preview. And no, most people don't go the channel with the slate. They know about, then forget and just don't think to do it. They want something like a TiVo new messages "center" feature. It is a lot like how Dish Home has some good features, but it is just too much trouble and NOT intuitive to go to Dish Home for most of the people I know.

voripteth said:
I did a search and found this:
1) How many timers/events are allowed with a hopper? Same as the VIP, with 96 timers and 576 events

Are you finding that 96 timers along with PTAT isn't enough? Even with my 722 I only had ~50 timers.

We usually have about 70 timers going at any given time of the year, the event limit is the real killer since some shows repeat over 50 times in a week. PTAT helped a bit, but we bump up on the limits almost every couple weeks. We record everything that we watch, we don't watch anything live anymore. Ideally I would like to set a timer for a show and leave it be year round so that it will pick it up when it airs again the following year. As it is right now, we have to delete timers as the shows finish up their seasons and we have to pay close attention to when seasons start up again, which can be a pain. It's kind of ridiculous that the limits are the same as they were on the 622 we had years ago. It would be nice for modern technology to improve upon that. I could probably have about 150+ timers without the limits.

patmurphey said:
Do you use Daily or M-F timers to reduce that exposure?

Sometimes we use Weekly or M-F to stave off hitting the limits. There are a few shows that aren't always that predictable though, like House Hunters on HGTV which seems to shift when new episodes air all the time. That and some shows occasionally have longer special episodes or change starting times with little notice. When setting timers switched to name-based recordings, I would have hoped that it would be a set your timer for a show and forget about managing it proposition. I would like to just create a timer for every show that i ever watch and it would always catch the new episodes. Is that too much to ask for?

I'd like to see a better message about timers set to save items from PTAT. The current message is that the program will be skipped which gives the impression that the show won't be available. Instead of "Skipped", a better message would be "This event is being recorded by PTAT and will be saved as a recording afterwards."

Option to hit INFO on a show your watching now and then to find all future UPCOMMING replays of that show so you can record or AUTO record the whole show later.

Often I am surfing channels and I find a good show or movie and its half over. I want to hit a button to auto record it in full later when its on again.

Option to hit INFO on a show your watching now and then to find all future UPCOMMING replays of that show so you can record or AUTO record the whole show later.
Often I am surfing channels and I find a good show or movie and its half over. I want to hit a button to auto record it in full later when its on again.

You can do that now. Just hit the Search button while viewing a show.

dangue said:
The fast forward and rewind buttons jump 24 hours either way, with the skip forward/back providing a three hour jump.

Thank you! Had no idea. Missed the day button on previous cable remote.

Wife will be pleased.

I agree with the other posters, guide banner needs to show the original air date instead of the recording date.

I can't say I ever use the recording date for anything on my hopper. Sorting by it actually made it harder to find programs. :/

This is true Poke but only for the "My Recordings" screen that shows what has already been recorded. If you are looking at the "Channel Guide", you have to click the "info" button to see the "First Aired" date to know if it's a new show.

If you have PTAT disabled, remove it from the DVR area (remove the icon and the option in the list), if you have no rentals, remove 'My Rentals' from the list.

That or have a Sub-Folder under PTAT that is Titled "Watched" that they previously viewed programs that are watched in their entirety are moved to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)