Hopper Wish List - What to change

I may be missing this somewhere, but I have searched the threads and played around with the Hopper.

But it would be nice to be able to view multiple shows in a folder and choose individually which ones you would like to delete and then hit delete and the ones selected are deleted. Now I have to choose/delete, choose/delete....so on and so on. Can be time consuming. I have played around with the Edit All and Select Edit and it seems to be an all or nothing proposition. More granularity with editing.

Also -

In PTAT I can't choose Save Series unless there are more than one of the shows are already recorded.

From Manteca above post #63 "be able to return to the same folder when a recording is deleted when you stop watching it"

When watching a show form the DVR and you finish and delete that show, it should stay on that same folder. Would make it a lot easier to watch multiple episodes back to back.

1. When watching a show that you are currently recording, it doesn't let you resume from where you left off if you change to something else. You have to start over. Very annoying if you're watching a super long event like the Olympics!
2. Would love for closed captioning to be able to be set to come on automatically if you mute the Hopper.
3. Less laggy 30 second skip, like it used to be!
4. Don't know if I can type this one out clearly, but on the main programs page that comes up the first time I hit DVR, I'd like to be able to set up a folder called MOVIES and have movies go in there, and have TV shows stay out of a folder.
5. The ability to skip forward and back in certain increments like on Directv when you hold down the arrow buttons for a couple seconds.

Last edited:
4. Don't know if I can type this one out clearly, but on the main programs page that comes up the first time I hit DVR, I'd like to be able to set up a folder called MOVIES and have movies go in there, and have TV shows stay out of a folder.

I think this one is possible, AFAIK when you create a timer you can tell it to save in a given folder. Wouldn't setting the folder to MOVIES in the timer do this for you?

Paginate if there are too many search results.

I was using the theme filter to search for all movies. There were so many hits that it only showed movies up to "C". Instead of just ending the list I'd like a "Next" button to continue the search from where it left off. It may take many "Next" pushes but I should be able to view all results from the search.

The ability to filter the program guide with the same options as search.

Also would like a way to display the play progress bar while playing. on Tivo you did this by pressing play while playing. Pressing play does not seem to do anyting while playing on H/J. The only way i can find to do this is to pause then unpause.

I have also seen a couple of posts saying you cant delete PTAT recordings? I have no problem deleting them. A timer to delete them would be nice but I am able to clock on them and select delete with no problem.

I was a long time user of Tivo so there are obvious interface differences i have to learn and although i love the graphics and icon pics etc, they seem to get old and slow things down as the number of recordings you have increase. It would be nice to have an option to just display list by name with no icons. Sort of a windows details listing view.

continuous play: select recordings to play one after another in the selected order

YES, This!! My son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and wants to watch the over and over at times. He will come in our bedroom early some mornings and it would be nice to hit "play all" on Mickey in hopes of getting an extra hour of sleep while he lies next to us.

Also, I will record an entire series of shows and want to watch the espisodes back to back without having to go back and select each episode.

I may have listed these before but, here they are, possibly again:
-Manual Timers
-OTA tuner
-OTA sub-channels in the guide
-Ability to choose default guide, or auto-default to last-used.
-Ability to enable/disable nested channel feature
-Keyboard/Mouse support, either BT, USB, or both.
-Same channel numbers on H/J as on VIP/Legacy receivers
-SW updates via Network, not only through sat signal.
-SW updates to ALL receivers simultaneously
-STABILITY

Last edited:
I think this one is possible, AFAIK when you create a timer you can tell it to save in a given folder. Wouldn't setting the folder to MOVIES in the timer do this for you?

I haven't been able to do this (at least on the the first page that comes up when you hit DVR). Is it possible?

For those of us using plasma tvs I would really like to see a screen saver after a show has been paused for more than ten minutes.

I too would like to see the ability to play shows back to back just by pressing play on a folder. The only thing I would add to that would be to have it start with the oldest episode, not the newest one.

1. Customizable update time (for example, 4am instead of 1am nightly)
2. Fix skipping/jumping when rewinding/FF live tv on a joey. (rewind 10 seconds, goes back a minute. FF 30 seconds, suddenly jumps to live point even if behind several minutes) (odd behavior on both the jump forward/back as well as the FF/RW buttons).
3. The cool features in that new remote with full keyboard video
4. Not a big deal: when tuning to a channel that's currently being recorded through PTAT, use the PTAT tuner, not another one. Thereby not tying up another tuner as well as letting me rewind to the beginning of the program. (I can do this manually by pressing the red button then scrolling to the corresponding PTAT channel, but this should be automatic).

I think I mention this before but.....fix the icons in EHD's!

I dont think this will happen as they only send out art cards for current programming, things like shows on VOOM never had art cards so I don't think we will ever see them.

I think it would be better to have the option to turn off the Icons when access the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)