Hopper with sling issues

MrBob54

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2017
Sedalia, Missouri
I have a Hopper and a super Joey as well as 3 wireless joeys. Our PTAT stopped recording. Also when you try to change channels it acts like it's going to change but goes back to the channel I was watching. When I ran a switch test it showes tuner 3 not receiving a Satellite signal from 110,119,129. All the other tuners are. Is this my problem or is this normal switch operation?

Attachments

• 20171013_173931.jpg
    20171013_173931.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
No, it's not normal. Could be a bad LNBF, Hub/Node, cabling problem or a Hopper problem. Also, I'm curious about why you have your Alternate On. I'm not sure what that does, but I know they're off by default

No, it's not normal. Could be a bad LNBF, Hub/Node, cabling problem or a Hopper problem. Also, I'm curious about why you have your Alternate On. I'm not sure what that does, but I know they're off by default
Thanks for the info. As far the Alternate, I think I tried turning it on to see if it helped and forgot to turn it off.

Often, when Tuner 3 is missing, the problem is in the cabling. Specifically, non 3Ghz between the Dish and the Hopper. That's the first place I would be looking