Hopper With Sling Playback Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I'm wondering if this is a known issue. Fairly often when watching a live program on my just installed Hopper With Sling, it gets all flakey and I'm unable to rewind. If I try to rewind, it just freezes and gets stuck. If I can get it to rewind a bit, when you try to play, it stutters and the audio cuts out. This also occurs if I try to watch a recorded show from the DVR. Recorded shows won't allow me to fast forward either. I have stumbled onto a work around that kind of works though. When the above happens, I swap to the other tuner, change that channel to clear the buffer, then come back to what I was watching on the other tuner, and I am able to rewind again. I can also then watch a recorded program and fast forward as needed. Of course a complete reboot fixes it too. But it happens at least once just about every day, so it's quite annoying. Anyone else ever seen this?

I haven't seen any weirdness like that at all on the HWS. Sounds like you might have a receiver problem.

I had a post with a video sample of my issue here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/anyone-else-with-this-video-issue.329604

Since the latest software updates in late May I have not seen this issue when watching recordings from my other Hopper. But it's only been a few days and I have not watched a lot of TV since the updates. I did a hard reset on the Sling Hopper a couple of days ago and the issue I have usually takes a week or so before it comes up again after a reboot. Finger's crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts