Hopper With Sling Playback Issue

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I'm wondering if this is a known issue. Fairly often when watching a live program on my just installed Hopper With Sling, it gets all flakey and I'm unable to rewind. If I try to rewind, it just freezes and gets stuck. If I can get it to rewind a bit, when you try to play, it stutters and the audio cuts out. This also occurs if I try to watch a recorded show from the DVR. Recorded shows won't allow me to fast forward either. I have stumbled onto a work around that kind of works though. When the above happens, I swap to the other tuner, change that channel to clear the buffer, then come back to what I was watching on the other tuner, and I am able to rewind again. I can also then watch a recorded program and fast forward as needed. Of course a complete reboot fixes it too. But it happens at least once just about every day, so it's quite annoying. Anyone else ever seen this?

I haven't seen any weirdness like that at all on the HWS. Sounds like you might have a receiver problem.

I had a post with a video sample of my issue here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/anyone-else-with-this-video-issue.329604

Since the latest software updates in late May I have not seen this issue when watching recordings from my other Hopper. But it's only been a few days and I have not watched a lot of TV since the updates. I did a hard reset on the Sling Hopper a couple of days ago and the issue I have usually takes a week or so before it comes up again after a reboot. Finger's crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)