hopper with sling record problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
Last week I bought a hopper with sling. It seemed to work OK for the first 5 days, but now it won't let me record, On the screen there is a message that the guide is 95% updated, after many hours, when it didn't go to 100%, I unplugged the receiver and waited to morning, After an hour after start up it still shows 95%. Does any one know why this could be happening ? I assume this is the reason I can't record.I also have a problem with the sling feature, My android tablet is able to receive the dish programming, but I can only open the OTA and local channels in my area on dish, can"t open USA, etc. When I try the screen on the tablet reads "scanning for channel. I am receiving these channels through my Hopper on my tv. I have rebooted my Modem/WIfi but no change.

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Can you take a screen shot of the "scanning channel" message so we can see it from the tablet? What satellite orbitals do you receive signal from? You can find that in the installation summary screen. To me it sounds like there is some sort of signal loss that is causing this to hang up. You may also want to check your node if you have access to it and make sure that any unused ports were capped off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)