Cutting it close before the price increase tomorrow

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I just got a second hopper (2000) installed and chatted online and I was indicated that I'm being charged $10 DVR fee, $7 for second hopper and $7 for 1 joey that I have.

Does this mean I'll be grandfathered? I'm just paranoid lol (Plus CSRs don't know much about it).

If you received confirmation from DIRT, then it would be believable.

Online chat will give you every possible different combination of answers and completely unreliable (imo). The phone CSRs are better, but can still be wrong when it comes to new info/hardware/pricing.

According to the paper documentation posted in the other thread, the price increase starts today on the 22nd.

I just got a second hopper (2000) installed and chatted online and I was indicated that I'm being charged $10 DVR fee, $7 for second hopper and $7 for 1 joey that I have.

Does this mean I'll be grandfathered? I'm just paranoid lol (Plus CSRs don't know much about it).

I would be happy to review your account. Can you please send me a PM with your account information?

If you were installed today you should be receiving the newest pricing. The new promotion started today, but I'll wait for Zach's confirmation.

My comment was only for phone/chat CSR's. Dirt answers are the correct answers.

Safe to activate and later deactivate an owned Joey without jeopardizing the grandfathered pricing?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would have to think yes. Equipment has never been a determining factor in keeping grandfathering status that I am aware of unless the grandfathering was on a receiver you now are switching out to a receiver not under the grandfathering. (508 for example) # of receivers/Joeys should have no bearing, just like it has no bearing on honoring a new subscriber contract.

I'm thinking that Joeys will not affect it however new Hopper activations are definitely affected, even if you already have a Hopper.

I wonder what happens to people who have hoppers replaced under service calls or people who switch from a regular hopper to an HWS. Neither is truly "adding" any extra equipment on top of what's already there on the account.

I wonder what happens to people who have hoppers replaced under service calls or people who switch from a regular hopper to an HWS. Neither is truly "adding" any extra equipment on top of what's already there on the account.

I think that the former wouldn't make a difference however I'm leaning towards the latter including a price increase.

I'm kind of curious about pending orders not activated yet.

Used to be they got whatever promo they were signed up on even during the transition to new promo as long as they were activated within 30 days of order creation.

I'm not so sure now......:confused:

I think that the former wouldn't make a difference however I'm leaning towards the latter including a price increase.
I've been told by DIRT member MaryB that since I ordered HWS prior to the effective date of the increase and that since I already have the original Hopper that I will remain grandfathered even thought the new HWS will not arrive until Friday. Hope she's right! :)

MaryB Just confirmed I got grandfathered since the order was placed on the 20th (before the 22nd). My Fees will remain the same :) Thanks DIRT!

RayC told me the pricing depends on the date of the order, not the install.

That may be this time. That is not always the case though. Certain promotions take affect when the order is created and other promotions take affect when the equipment is activated. Awesome that you got the good price though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)