Hopper with Sling S328 EHD problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marcuscthomas

Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
New install today. Upgraded from Hopper to Hopper w/ Sling on one of my two Hoppers. The new Hopper started up, downloaded S328. Now, it does not recognize either of my two EHD's. Both continue to work on the old Hopper, but neither will show up on the HwS. Also, the new Hopper with Sling will not format a fresh drive. It says that it is formatting, but it does nothing but churn. Afterwards, the drive is still untouched. Anyone else seen such a problem?

Have you tried an unplug reboot? If that doesn't fix it PM DIRT and they will send the HWS a hit to fix it... And, thinking about it some more , wait until tomorrow to see if it works. New Hopper installs take some time to settle in...

Have you tried an unplug reboot? If that doesn't fix it PM DIRT and they will send the HWS a hit to fix it... And, thinking about it some more , wait until tomorrow to see if it works. New Hopper installs take some time to settle in...
Or even a reset. This weekend, I added a hub so that I could use both of my EHDs. When done, my HWS would not recognize either. So, I turned them both off, reset the Hopper, turned EHDs back on and BINGO!

On the formatting problem. Do you have another ehd hooked up at the same time? If you do, unplug that one and then try formatting. I had that problem. Attaching only the drive that needed to bo formatted worked like a charm. As for not seei8ng the ehd, contact DIRTY and request a hit. That may fix it.

Thanks Bobby, I have tried all the normal troubleshooting things. Haven't PM's a DIRT however. How would I recognize one?

On the formatting problem. Do you have another ehd hooked up at the same time? If you do, unplug that one and then try formatting. I had that problem. Attaching only the drive that needed to bo formatted worked like a charm. As for not seei8ng the ehd, contact DIRTY and request a hit. That may fix it.

I did in fact. I'll give it a try with all EHD's (except the one I am formatting) detached.....let you know.

Good idea. I get impatient with technology!

Is your problem similar. Namely, the Hopper does not even recognize that the EHD's are connected? Mine work on the old Hopper.

I cannot transfer OTA recordings to the EHDs on both Hoppers. They hang with about a minute left in the transfer. Satellite recordings transfer to EHDs without a probkem

OK, this is resolved. Here is what happened. First of all, nothing at all. After six hours, the search function began to work (as expected), but no change in the EHD. I plugged in the two EHDs and did a search....nothing. Then, I did a search for a movie that I knew to be on one of the EHDs, and a popup menu saying that I had added a USB device showed up. After that, the one EHD worked normally. I did another search for a movie that I knew to be on the second EHD, and got the popup again. Now, both work (however I haven't disconnected them, or rebooted at this point). Apparently, the USB device was not detected by the software until an overt search. Odd.

New install today. Upgraded from Hopper to Hopper w/ Sling on one of my two Hoppers. The new Hopper started up, downloaded S328. Now, it does not recognize either of my two EHD's. Both continue to work on the old Hopper, but neither will show up on the HwS. Also, the new Hopper with Sling will not format a fresh drive. It says that it is formatting, but it does nothing but churn. Afterwards, the drive is still untouched. Anyone else seen such a problem?

We just installed a customer upgrade today from a 722K to a HWS S328 and had the same experience. Their existing WD hard drive was not recognized at all and a new one said it was formatting but did nothing. I saw the resolution in post #16 of this thread and will try that with their existing hard drive when I go back after Thanksgiving. If DIRT wants the customer's information for reporting purposes just send me a PM.

This customer has a bunch of stuff on their EHD and they were not happy at all. I sure hope this bug is found and fixed quickly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)