Hopper with Sling S514 Update

I noticed in the My Recordings menu when you move the pointer to a recording that has a long title, it now scrolls to show the whole title. I don't recall seeing this before.

OK, it just caught my eye this morning after I noticed S514 update came thru the nite. Did you get the new update too?

Yes on both of mine. Don't see anything different so far. There was a pop-up listing the changes but Dish is here fixing my signal problems and click on the pop-up before I could read it.

Yes on both of mine. Don't see anything different so far. There was a pop-up listing the changes but Dish is here fixing my signal problems and click on the pop-up before I could read it.
The pop-up was identical to the one that popped-up in S512. Here are both pics I took.

Hopper Software Version S514 Info.jpg

Hopper Software Version S512 Info.jpg

The last feature where you press stop to view the next show in the series is much needed. I have to sort through finding the next episode of the same show. I thought the other DVR's went back to the same show on the DVR list after you was done. I know the Tivo does. This was something I was going to suggest as a future feature on the DVR until I saw this thread. The problem with hitting stop is if you are done watching the program the popup may come up at the end like it normally does. Then you would have to skip back then hit stop unless they actually have the stop button go to the list of the same series when the popup comes up at the end of a show.

Still on 506 but yesterday something weird happened. I only wanted to record the last 5 minutesof CBS News about a depressed steel town's football team across the river from me (Aliquippa)Mike Ditka, Tony Dorssette, played for Hopewell but I think he was from there ,and many more) but the whole news broadcast was recorded. These young boys got a great coach and were in the playoffs for the last 20 years. Just wanted 5 minutes but got the whole broadcast. Never happened before.

This s/w, S512, S514, S51?, is still likely being tested.... I don't know about others, but my receiver is still working even though (gasp!) I don't have the latest version yet.

Reactions: ChadT41
Even when they roll out a release to "everyone" it is usually staged over several days.

514 may have been deemed a wide release, and anecdotally it looks like more have it today than ever had 512, but that doesn't mean it all goes out in one night. My original Hoppers were always first night updates, my recently upgraded HWS units are usually 3rd or 4th night updates.

The exceptions seem to be when there is a critical update, it seemed like the first Super Joey and Wireless Joey enabling updates went to everyone within just a couple of days of the SJ / WJ release dates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts