Hopper with Sling S514 Update

Noticed some things that seem new (at least to me) on S514: on demand arrows on the guide for select channels and programs, long program descriptions no longer truncated -- page up and down work to get the full text, zoom feature (blue button) on system info screen so that us oldsters can actually see the receiver #, etc.

S506 here as well. Sometimes its best not to get the latest software version because sometimes they have lots of bugs.

For the folks not getting the updates yet, do you let your system update at the 1:30 AM update? Or are there recordings blocking it, or viewers even up watching, and reciever not in standby?

The past 2 nights I was up watching and when the message popped up to check for updates I click yes it could check and it just did it's nightly check or reboot but no firmware update downloaded. For the next 3 days nobody will be up watching and I cleared all recording past 11 pm so the receiver should be in standby by 1 am.

For the folks not getting the updates yet, do you let your system update at the 1:30 AM update? Or are there recordings blocking it, or viewers even up watching, and reciever not in standby?
Based on the lack of members indicating they've rec'd the update (since the first day or two), it is clearly a limited test (again).

Guess I'm a lucky one, I've had it since Friday.
May have been pushed out only to people with 2 Hoppers.
The only problem I see is that the indicator for timer conflicts on my H2k shows up even if the timer is not scheduled to fire.
Example, my H2K had timers for Ghost Hunters on SyFy and and Love It or List It on HGTV, both set to record new programming only. The timer conflict indicator showed up on my HWS even though the shows being broadcast were reruns. the H2K was not recording them, there were free tuners available to record at least one of them on the H2K and free tuners on the HWS. No recordings were made but the little timer symbol with the left and right arrows still showed up on my HWS - see below.

All those indicators on SyFy and HGTV are unnecessary, since the shows are not actually scheduled to record, the timers are there, but only for NEW programming, not repeats.

Maybe a DIRT member will pass this along to the programming boys, appears to be a minor bug in the new features for HWS.

Guide.jpg

Last edited: