Hopper with Sling S514 Update

I have two Hoppers w Sling and neither has been up dated. Like bnewt said, we don't want it unless all the bugs are out. I still have bad memories of the Optical Audio Output problem.

Don't know what's going on, but I was logged out 3 different times and had to log back in while making this post.

Retailers were just giving this from the latest software update.

MoCa diagnostics feature
The best new feature is this release from a technician's viewpoint is a new diagnostic tool that shows the MoCa signal quality between each device on the MoCa network.

To access this feature, press Menu > Menu on the remote and select Linked Joeys > MoCa Summary. On this screes, the MoCa Summary section shows the current states and the Historic MoCa Summary section shows a 48-hour history.

In the MoCa Summary section:
- Overall Quality
will be listed as Good, Low, Bad or No Info
-
the Discovered and Linked columns will display Yes or No
-
If any Joeys are not linked and display No, go to that location and attempt to re-link.

In the Historic MoCa Summary section:
-
Times for Up, Discovered, Linked, Good-Q, Low-Q, Bad-Q and No Info will be shown. These provide the duration in which the associated location has been in each MoCa quality condition. This information is for the previous 48 hours.

Based in this information, you will know the location of the problem and each component's proximity to the threshold.

Retailers were just giving this from the latest software update.

MoCa diagnostics feature
The best new feature is this release from a technician's viewpoint is a new diagnostic tool that shows the MoCa signal quality between each device on the MoCa network.

To access this feature, press Menu > Menu on the remote and select Linked Joeys > MoCa Summary. On this screes, the MoCa Summary section shows the current states and the Historic MoCa Summary section shows a 48-hour history.

In the MoCa Summary section:
- Overall Quality
will be listed as Good, Low, Bad or No Info
-
the Discovered and Linked columns will display Yes or No
-
If any Joeys are not linked and display No, go to that location and attempt to re-link.

In the Historic MoCa Summary section:
-
Times for Up, Discovered, Linked, Good-Q, Low-Q, Bad-Q and No Info will be shown. These provide the duration in which the associated location has been in each MoCa quality condition. This information is for the previous 48 hours.

Based in this information, you will know the location of the problem and each component's proximity to the threshold.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Scherrman
Well I have the update on one of my hoppers. I had to replace the hopper in my bedroom last Thursday bad internal hard drive, The box received 512 during installation. After that all worked well. Received 514 over night Friday and now I cannot view any shows from the external hard drives. The error states that the drives are not associated with my account. These drives work downstairs on my other hopper with 506 just fine. I have tested. Called dish and they have a ticket on the update.

This is just a guess. You might try it again in few days. Have you unplugged the EHD and then the Hopper for a few minutes? Then plug the EHD back in?

I have two HWS. Neither has move from 506. I once thought one was on 512 but I was mistaken - the line below it started with 1512.... And I misread.

I can see holding off if there's an EHD problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)