Hopper With Sling S515 Update Is Here

Just set a series timer for an OTA sub channel. The Start Early/End Late settings still not working. The timer settings are good in the Timers list but not in the Dailey Schedule.
I've given up on that ever being fixed. OTA gets no love at Dish. I've moved on now to getting the work around for this bug, i.e. using a manual timer, fixed. Each manual timer, SAT or OTA, has a stuck recording status until the next receiver reboot. Since I got S515 late yesterday but don't have any manual timers that run before 5 PM MST (and am too lazy to set up a straw man), won't know until later tonight whether it's been fixed (wasn't in S512 or S514).

Update is for the HWS ONLY, no Joey update.

My HWS got the update today, still can't add an OTA channel without doing a full channel scan.

Something new to me! Some of my DVR recordings have a little red Kangaroo that indicates on those recordings I can skip the commercials automatically if desired. I do not have Prime Time recording activated. The LRK is not on all my recordings from last night. Something new?

You don't have PTAT enabled for even just (1) day ? If it's not, that sounds like something new - don't recall anyone mentioning this in the previous two test releases.

You don't have PTAT enabled for even just (1) day ? If it's not, that sounds like something new - don't recall anyone mentioning this in the previous two test releases.
Well, I thought it wasn't enabled. I never set it up but last night it PTAT recorded, and that evidently is what those red kangaroos is all about. I just went into the menu and looked at the PTAT folder and it had a bunch of recordings from last night, somehow. I do record from NBC/CBS/ABC/FOX on a regular basis, but have never seen the red kangaroo before this morning, something turned it on, wasn't me. I did look around a bit and couldn't see a way to disable PTAT or enable it.

Unless they changed something, you could have PTAT enabled for (1) night only and even restrict it to (1) network and as long as you did that, anything you record on the (4) networks during primetime would be autohop-enabled. For example, you set PTAT for Saturday only and ABC. If you have a timer that records The Big Bang Theory on Thursday on CBS, it can be autohopped (is that a word ?).

Menu, Settings, DVR Defaults, Prime Time....
Yep, that's where I found the recordings. Somehow it got turned on for all days, and since I was the only one watching tv last night and I didn't do it I thought it was maybe part of the software upgrade that I noticed this morning. And autohop was applied to all my previously recorded programs from primetime.

Unless they changed something, you could have PTAT enabled for (1) night only and even restrict it to (1) network and as long as you did that, anything you record on the (4) networks during primetime would be autohop-enabled. For example, you set PTAT for Saturday only and ABC. If you have a timer that records The Big Bang Theory on Thursday on CBS, it can be autohopped (is that a word ?).
I have had the HWS for a month and recorded many network programs all along without being able to autohop anything. Started this morning, maybe the upgrade enabled PTAT on my Hopper, I didn't.
It's not a bad thing, I can turn it off if I want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts