Hopper with Sling Software Upgraded to S523

If Dish didn't include a "notice" on-screen, odds are the changes are almost entirely behind-the-scenes.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

A few years ago, Dish used to send software release notes to Scott and he would post them here. That was nice! I wish Dish would start doing that again. I never understood why Dish is unable to do that! A lot of other companies send out software release notes without any difficulty. I am sure that Dish must have internal software release notes. It would only take a few extra minutes to send Scott a copy.

A few years ago, Dish used to send software release notes to Scott and he would post them here. That was nice! I wish Dish would start doing that again. I never understood why Dish is unable to do that! A lot of other companies send out software release notes without any difficulty. I am sure that Dish must have internal software release notes. It would only take a few extra minutes to send Scott a copy.
Release notes do exist. They primarily consist of:

Misc bug fixes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hall and bobvick
I have actually started using Netflix on the Hopper as opposed to my Sony blu-ray player. Moves around nice, PQ is great, and it also has the debug popup that tells you what streaming quality you are getting. Don't even have to swap inputs!

I have actually started using Netflix on the Hopper as opposed to...
Do you see any buffering issues with the Dish version ? Our TV has a Netflix app and it is near flawless, that is, it literally never buffers. It has the older interface though.... The Dish app buffers almost every time it is used. Both are connected by wireless and located ~18" apart.

Do you see any buffering issues with the Dish version ? Our TV has a Netflix app and it is near flawless, that is, it literally never buffers. It has the older interface though.... The Dish app buffers almost every time it is used. Both are connected by wireless and located ~18" apart.
I can say I have not experienced the buffer issue once. I did lose the App for a little bit, but that was because I was messing around with certain things. It's back now and still working flawlessly.

I have actually started using Netflix on the Hopper as opposed to my Sony blu-ray player. Moves around nice, PQ is great, and it also has the debug popup that tells you what streaming quality you are getting. Don't even have to swap inputs!
I still use my PS3 for Netflix. The 5.1 sound is the reason why. My wife uses the Dish App. She don't care about sound quality. It's easier for her to use. No switching inputs.

I have not yet. I am ethernet to a 6mbps dsl modem in the bedroom. Since no DD+ I wont be using it in the living room...

We knew that last update. Nothing really new, except the glaring drop of any Blockbuster references on video on demand and in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)