Hopper with Sling Software Version S502 is Out

One unfortunate side effect from S503 is when I attach an External Hard Drive and view its stored contents, the artwork images for random movies and shows has now been replaced by generic logos of the channels they were recorded on. (Ex: All episodes of Revolution now have the NBC HD logo). This doesn't make me happy since a lot of the shows I had stored have had their season/series finales or been cancelled. Therefore they're no longer airing to be recorded again and have the missing artwork overwritten. Also most of the movies were obtained from premium subscription channels during free previews, or they're simply not showing anymore. I can prove it was caused by S503 because the artwork was restored when viewed on my HWS with S502. Now that both have S503, the artwork is consistently missing for the same shows and movies on all EHDs.

I'm having no problems. Watching the CBS evening news recorded from ota. No freezes. I'm seeing no problems on either of my 2 HWS's.
Primary OTA channels are OK. It's the subs that won't record....just got 503, still a problem.

I came home from a trip on Saturday night to find that all recordings on my Hopper with Sling was totally wiped. Appears as if it upgraded to 503 on Saturday morning. 70% of my hard drive was used and I had several locked recordings. Extremely upset about this. Outside of working a regular job
I also coach track on the club and high school level. I had numerous recordings of kids that I've coached who are running collegiately or professionally on this dvr.

Also, search function does not appear to be working and my guide is totally empty

Reactions: sethwell
I was able to set two timers on. 2 and. 3 sub channels from the guide as normal. I'm on s5.03.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I tried a timer on a sub .2 channel using the guide and it didn't record this morning. On S503 also

No pop ups, just didn't record. I'll try a reboot and try again. I have just started playing around with OTA. I usually use my TIVO.
Thanks

Did it hang on the 531 pop up or what happened? Have you tried rebooting your box?

I tried to see a recording on my hws from my hopper2k and no recordings showed so I went down stairs and nothing on the hd. This morning I came downstairs and tried to use the hopper and it would only show ota channels. I rebooted the box and when it came back up it said it needed to reformat the hd and tht the timers would be saved. After the complete format, no recordings and no timers.

Does the timer get created and display in the daily schedule or timers list?

It showed in timers list, but not on daily schedule.

Does the timer get created and display in the daily schedule or timers list?

Neither for me. Have had to create manual timer, which shows on schedule and timer list.

I came home from a trip on Saturday night to find that all recordings on my Hopper with Sling was totally wiped. Appears as if it upgraded to 503 on Saturday morning. 70% of my hard drive was used and I had several locked recordings. Extremely upset about this. Outside of working a regular job
I also coach track on the club and high school level. I had numerous recordings of kids that I've coached who are running collegiately or professionally on this dvr.

Also, search function does not appear to be working and my guide is totally empty

I too lost everything on mine. i believe mine was on thursday night if i recall and it went to the 502 version, not sure when i got the 503. Unfortunate for us but i am glad it might not just have been my machine. my HDD was at 53% full so i too lost a large amount of movies and some series.

I too lost everything on mine. i believe mine was on thursday night if i recall and it went to the 502 version, not sure when i got the 503. Unfortunate for us but i am glad it might not just have been my machine. my HDD was at 53% full so i too lost a large amount of movies and some series.

My system is fried. New receiver coming on Wednesday. The receiver is constantly rebooting and comes up and says it needs to format the HD. Watched a lot of OTA yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts