Hopper with Sling Software Version S525 Is Here

What is "Netflix 5.1" ?

5.1 audio. I have a 7.2 Home Theater. I watch Netflix thru my PS3 because of this. It would be more convenient for me to use Dish's app.

Then there's the remote control. I could just use the Dish Remote for Netflix. When watching thru the PS3, I have to use its remote. It uses Bluetooth Technology.

Have a device on order that plugs into the PS3. It supposedly will allow me to use my Harmony One Remote to control the PS3. It's been sitting around gathering dust. Believe it or not, I like the Dish Remote better.

You replace your receiver at anytime?
A few months ago

Yea, they're the timers that were imported from a previous receiver via a remote restore.
I don't specifically recall restoring them but it's entirely possible. I often use a receiver swap as a "housecleaning" opportunity - I will simply hand-write our timers and add them back by hand, eliminating ones we no longer are interested in too. One problem with this, at least for adding timers that are wanted, is if the show isn't currently broadcasting. I rarely use "seek" timers and don't consider them a viable, long-term option.

It will auto backup and auto restore if the same remote is being linked. It is just nice for a person to be able to
Do manually if they made possible timer changes between the last backup and replacement.

The update is S610 on the original Hopper. Interesting - I hit Guide while an add was running. The left column of the add stayed visible and the guide appeared compressed on the right. There was a return prompt at the bottom of the ad. I pressed return on my remote and the ad column went away with the guide now full screen.

Has anyone else with S525 having audio issues? During a recorded program anytime skip forward or fast forward there's an audio lag of a few seconds. This also occurs when watching a recorded program from another Hopper with Sling. It's happening on both of my HWS. It's quite annoying...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Haven't heard that, but for quite a while now (way before S525) the audio has been taking a noticeable time to resume after pausing.

I have noticed an old problem has returned with S525. When there is a timer conflict then it will show that the skipped show is going to record at the next airing, but it doesn't record it. Had this same issue on a previous software version.

I have noticed an old problem has returned with S525. When there is a timer conflict then it will show that the skipped show is going to record at the next airing, but it doesn't record it. Had this same issue on a previous software version.

I haven't seen that, but then again I'm watching a lot less shows now than the last time I saw it.

I certainly hope that that problem HASN'T returned, it was a real nightmare and Dish hardly even wanted to comment on it, much less fix it!

Well its back on our main hws. We haven't checked the second hws. After it did it twice to us, we setup timers to purposely cause conflicts three different times on 3 different days and it did it each time. Can we report bugs to dirt? Calling 800# or chat is useless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)