Hopper with Sling Software Version S529 Is Here

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Can you explain what you people are talking about this software version...How do I get it and why don't I want it?
There is a remote combo you can use to download the software. But I have removed those instructions because you could be stuck with problems on your Hoppers or Joeys and DISH will not support you.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
My EHDs all seem to work. Hopper 2's all seem to work as well or better than S528 did, at least to me. This will let me get used to the new GUI for the Hopper 3.
I think my Hopper 2 with the new GUI is working faster too. Looks like the remote control color button list will need lots of changes. OUCH :rolleyes

Reactions: Hall

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
My wired Joey works fine (actually faster than before) and my wireless Joey does too. EHDs work on all HWS units. Joeys have the new GUI as well.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I can tell you one thing that works MUCH better for me, and I don't really know why, but the VOD downloads are faster and work better on my 4Mbps DSL connection.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Did you try unplugging and plugging everything back up including the hopper?

I have been working with him in PM's and sounds like yes he tried all of that.

I need to go offline now as my battery is down to 4% and my son ahs my charger at his girlfriends house. Hopefully we can get him all set in the morning.

For everyone else, I urge you not to try doing it at this time as their are issues. :)

Reactions: stardust3

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Yes I followed the instructions to perform the update (an act I now regret) and after it was complete unplugged everything for at least 10 seconds and then plugged each unit back in.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I have been working with him in PM's and sounds like yes he tried all of that.

I need to go offline now as my battery is down to 4% and my son ahs my charger at his girlfriends house. Hopefully we can get him all set in the morning.

For everyone else, I urge you not to try doing it at this time as their are issues. :)
Want me to send you an extra charger?
:devilish
;)
:oldwink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)