Hopper with Sling Softwave Version S520 Update is Here

So how about a choice on that? The one TV I use that on is a stand-alone.
It appears as though no matter what they choose to do, people want one more choice. There isn't exactly a lot of options for choice on the majority of apps... You either turn the feature on, and use it wholly as designed, or turn it off and do things the classic way. That goes for the vast majority of their apps and features.

Yep, for sure. At least the timers Start Early / End Late times read correct. I have a couple of test OTA timers scheduled to see if they actually fire off early and end late.
Test was good. It appears the OTA timer Start Early / End Late settings issue is fixed. Thanks Dish.

Reactions: BBCInc
Sure took long enough. It was around May of last year when they broke the software that allowed us start early /end late on ota timers along with name based recording. We got the name based recording feature back about 5 months ago and now at 11 months from the bad software we get the start early /end late feature back. Now how about ADD feature for ota ? Can you get around to enabling that one or will it always say "COMING SOON" when you select it ?

Anyone notice any pauses when watching content between Hoppers (using a Hopper to watch a recording on a 2nd Hopper)? Seems like it started with the arrival of the new software.

So far, I've only noticed it on MSNBC. Happens maybe once or twice per hour of viewing. The picture will just freeze. Skipping around (with FF/RWD or Jump Back/Fwd) will get it moving.

If I just leave it alone the picture turns black after about 1 minute (though I can still use the remote to Live TV or back to DVR events).

First I thought maybe HDD drive failure. Been there, done that, this looks very different. No pixelation and everything is smooth once I backup and get it unfrozen.

The only reason I"m glad they are adding it to Joey is because we took one of our 3 Rokus to a relative's. Otherwise, would not use it.

Ours hasn't gotten the update either.... If there was an problem with S520, some people would already have S521, S522, etc as a test. Presuming S520 is okay, this is sometimes how it goes. In a sense, yes, they have stopped, the push. That is, until the next "wave" of receivers.

Got 520 on the 16th on both Hoppers. No bugs. It fixed my Living Room Hopper from defaulting to "My HD Channels" to "My Channels." Bedroom Hopper did not have this problem.

One of my HWS still has not updated to the new software. The other has had it for a couple of weeks. Have they stopped updating?
I need to cut and paste this. It takes TWO TO THREE weeks for a typical roll-out to complete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)