Hopper with Sling - Xbox One - Few issues.

gizbug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
I have my Hopper w/ Sling hooked up to my Xbox One. Over the last few weeks, I have been noticing a few issues. First off, when I go from a cable channel (ie Fox News, MTV, Discovery) to say NBC, ABC, CBS, or FOX, (using previous channel button) I notice it takes 3-10 seconds before the station comes on. Only happens when going to these network channels. If I go FoxNews to ESPN don't have the issue.

Second issue is with the XBOX One. Sometimes when I power up my xbox one (say first thing in the morning)..and load the tv app (My Dish HOpper is on with a green light) the screen is blank. In order for me to get the hopper working to watch tv, I have to hit the reset button on the front of the hopper. After doing that, acquiring the satellites, tv works fine. Any ideas on this one?

I have the second issue sometimes with my Xbox One too. It is a HDMI handshake issue. Instead of doing a red button reset on the hopper I just turn the Xbox off and then back on. This fixes the problem too and the Xbox doesn't take as long to reboot as the hopper does. Plus my way doesn't interrupt recordings.

I had the same issues running my HWS through my XBOX One. There is some pass through issue that needs to be resolved. I removed the HWS connection from the XBOX. Maybe after a few updates I'll try it again.

Another issue I have with it is 5.1 sound. When I first boot everything up the Xbox only plays 2.0 sound. If I change channels or start a recording 5.1 sound comes out like it should but if I just turn it on and watch whatever channel I was watching last it's 2.0.

I've been noticing the local channel issue for a couple of weeks. I can tell you that it has nothing to do with your XBOX (I don't have one) and it's effecting not only myself, but other customers of mine.

I have a hopper with sling hooked up to my Xbox one also. The problem I am having is when I power down the system it turns the tv off fine, but the hopper goes off and then 2 seconds later comes back on while everything else is still off. I have turned off hdmi-cec because I thought that might be causing it but didn't help.

Was told this by xbox support. I'm going to try it out. I suggest you do the same and see if it works. @XboxSupport3 Go to Settings-Display & Audio-TV connection. If that is set to HDMI(Auto), change it to HDMI. Then test.^ML

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts