Cannot edit HWS timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I tried to edit the timer I set for Modern Marvels. It says "Seek" not "DVR" to the right. It is set for new and reruns, and to retain 1 (but is in fact keeping all of them). I'd like to change that to New only and retain all. There are plenty of Modern Marvels in the schedule, which is part of the problem. I go to each one on the daily schedule to "Skip" and find I have to tell it to skip twice. First time, the timer shows blue, then after "skip" it turns green and only goes away if it "skip" it again. No, there is only the one timer set.

The Edit option just doesn't appear when I select the timer, just an option to view timers or delete.

Is there a way to edit this? Is this a bug they will one day fix or is it a "feature?"

I realize I can delete and reenter the timer, but that will require manually deleting several shows as it appears the system is not picking out reruns (I know, they can only work with the data Tribune gives them).

Seek & record timers can't be edited for some reason. Only way around it is to delete it and set it up again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

If Hopper changes color for the record indicator (blue green purple) perhaps you have 2 timers set for it.
When you disable first it shows second? An idea. Not good to have multiple timers for the same program, at least confusing.
That is fine if for different channels or times, etc.
-Ken

Seek & record timers can't be edited for some reason. Only way around it is to delete it and set it up again.
Wow. I use Dish Pass on my ViP almost exclusively. Gives me both more editing flexibility and blanket coverage of catching events, no matter when and where they appear. Just another item on the longer list of reasons why I will continue to wait to upgrade to Hopper.

When I set up a timer, I've always used the DVR as the top field. I've never seen or used Seek. This option is channel specfic. I've never had any problem going into the Edit mode. DVR. red Button, Timers. Select time and the Select, Edit

With Dish Pass, you can limit to one channel or all, and even change the channel, all without having to delete the timer. If Seek doesn't have that capability, then that's a deal breaker for me.

If Hopper changes color for the record indicator (blue green purple) perhaps you have 2 timers set for it.
When you disable first it shows second? An idea. Not good to have multiple timers for the same program, at least confusing.
That is fine if for different channels or times, etc.
-Ken

"...No, there is only the one timer set."

When I set up a timer, I've always used the DVR as the top field. I've never seen or used Seek. This option is channel specfic. I've never had any problem going into the Edit mode. DVR. red Button, Timers. Select time and the Select, Edit

SEEK is wonderful for shows that you know are coming but aren't in the EPG yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)