Hopper won't Prepare for Mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pvdb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
Oakland
I have two HWS, one has no problem transferring recordings to my iPad for off-line viewing. The other does not. It gets stuck in the 'Preparing for Mobile' stage and doesn't progress further no matter what program I select to transfer.

I have two routers in my house, one for upstairs and one for downstairs, and one hopper is connected to each via ethernet. My first guess is that the hopper that won't transfer is on a different network than the iPad, but I've connected the iPad to both networks with the same lack of results. I've also tried to connect the hopper and iPad to the same wifi signal, also with no luck.

This isn't a huge deal for me since I can record programs to transfer on the hopper that works, but the hopper that doesnt transfer is my main hopper, so i'd prefer that one to work over the other.

I've gone through the telephone customer service bs of reseting the receiver, unplugging it, unpairing the iPad, etc. also with no luck. I was hoping someone here might have some insight.

Ive tried to prepare from the app, have it pre-prepared with the timer settings, and prepare on the hopper after recording. Same result

I'm having the same problem, my HWS said my hard drive crashed, all the recordings were gone, and now any new recordings can't be prepared for mobile. Customer service just wants to point the problem to your ipad not being on the same network or something dumb like that. They don't understand that the HWS isn't preparing them, they just skip right to the transfer process and think the problem is there, when in reality we can't even get to that point, it stops at the preparing process. I am on the phone with them again, they are doing more "research" but I have a feeling it will take a new HWS to fix the issue. I will update with my resolution, if I ever get there.

I ended up replacing my hopper, and the new one works fine in terms of preparing recordings for transfer. it was not a network issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)