HWS vs Hopper

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I have two original Hoppers. I was debating upgrading one or both to HWS and have couple of questions:
  • Is the system performance that much better on a HWS?
  • Does having a HWS improve the performance of Joeys?
  • Other than improved performance and the ability to transfers shows to an IPad, are there any other advantages of HWS?
  • Do I have to commit to a two year agreement if I upgrade to HWS?
  • Does it cost to upgrade to HWS?

I have two original Hoppers. I was debating upgrading one or both to HWS and have couple of questions:

[*]Is the system performance that much better on a HWS?
[*]Does having a HWS improve the performance of Joeys?
[*]Other than improved performance and the ability to transfers shows to an IPad, are there any other advantages of HWS?
[*]Do I have to commit to a two year agreement if I upgrade to HWS?
[*]Does it cost to upgrade to HWS?

Yes
Yes
No, they are basically the same the than the Hopper w/sling being much more responsive and built in wifi and sling
Yes
Depends on your account. For some yes, for some no

With more memory and a faster CPU, it is more future-proof for whatever Dish comes up with in the future.

With more memory and a faster CPU, it is more future-proof for whatever Dish comes up with in the future.

This and I might add, it's much more responsive in my case. I also had an issue with local channels experiencing audio & video breakup during PTAT hours on 2 original Hopper units which vanished on the HWS. I find it to be a much more stable & reliable unit not to mention, the additional features.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)