Hopper3 blacking out

Could be.. I don't see how that could have fixed anything but it's working now (at least it has all morning)
This thing:
95d4ce70-08e9-4b4c-9d94-5e21ea64af77_1.5f5d4b875c782ddbb276c56211790d93.jpeg
Yeah, that antenna only handles the zigbee radio (used for the remote controls). The WiFi chipset seems to be on the right side of the front panel as seen here (taken from this fcc filing)

Attachments

• 45EF9A98-D71A-49D3-B984-CBE2C64E5CE5.jpeg
    45EF9A98-D71A-49D3-B984-CBE2C64E5CE5.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 100
Could be.. I don't see how that could have fixed anything but it's working now (at least it has all morning)
This thing:
95d4ce70-08e9-4b4c-9d94-5e21ea64af77_1.5f5d4b875c782ddbb276c56211790d93.jpeg
It is definitely the remote control antenna. Now if that fixed it, why worry! :D

Thanks for joining the pub, I am behind the bar pouring for all those early drinkers who are taking you up on drinks on you!!! Cheers mate!

Now if that fixed it, why worry!
Are you an engineer? I have great respect for engineers in general (Claude Shannon was the greatest), but sometimes they take that attitude. I'm a physicist and when something fixes itself before I figure out what's wrong, it drives me crazy! I can no longer diagnose anything, so I have no idea when or whether the problem will reoccur. :(

But, as https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/members/ethanlerma.207741/ posted above, the H3 wireless antenna seems to be behind the right/front plastic panel. Maybe Rick removed the big metal panel in front of that area in order to screw the ZigBee antenna in better. :D

By the way, how do you cut/paste a member's name so it shows up like it does below our avatars?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you an engineer? I have great respect for engineers in general (Claude Shannon was the greatest), but sometimes they take that attitude. I'm a physicist and when something fixes itself before I figure out what's wrong, it drives me crazy! I can no longer diagnose anything, so I have no idea when or whether the problem will reoccur. :(

But, as https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/members/ethanlerma.207741/ posted above, the H3 wireless antenna seems to be behind the right/front plastic panel. Maybe Rick removed the big metal panel in front of that area in order to screw the ZigBee antenna in better. :D

By the way, how do you cut/paste a member's name so it shows up like it does below our avatars?
That's funny. Can't speak for Bobby but I'm an old retired combat engineer and the saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" :)
I don't have a clue how or why it's working now but it is... I've been watching VOD since 0400 this morning and it hasn't buffered the first time. I'll shut up now before I jinx it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts