Hopper3 U538 Software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Noticed something else with this version. Sometimes when I change channels it only puts a postage-stamp sized image of the channel (like on the info screen) in the upper right-hand corner and you have to hit info and exit keys to restore full screen.

Noticed something else with this version. Sometimes when I change channels it only puts a postage-stamp sized image of the channel (like on the info screen) in the upper right-hand corner and you have to hit info and exit keys to restore full screen.

I have this too, but I've had that problem on at least one previous version (not the one just prior to this one). So far for me, it seems to only be on SD channels.

What programmer would think that leaving the banner on-screen for 12 seconds was a good idea? 2 seconds would be plenty long enough. Please, let's get this fixed. It's annoying as hell. Every channel change now requires an additional button push to cancel that damn banner.:mad:

What programmer would think that leaving the banner on-screen for 12 seconds was a good idea? 2 seconds would be plenty long enough. Please, let's get this fixed. It's annoying as hell. Every channel change now requires an additional button push to cancel that damn banner.:mad:
Copy/Pasted to the tech portal, Voyager6 ! You may be the guy that inspires change!

I have this too, but I've had that problem on at least one previous version (not the one just prior to this one). So far for me, it seems to only be on SD channels.
It started happening on the SD channels with the previous version but now it's happening on HD too with this version

Exactly. I think with Directv you can set the time from 2 seconds til 12.

My Hopper 3 does that once in a while very annoying. Usually have to turn everything off to get regular picture back

Well there's another update that all I know of it is that it adds Google Assistant to voice commands. Hope it doesn't mess up the Echo connection. I fear the time a banner stays on the screen is going to be the least of our problems.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I attempted to upgrade to 539 last night, and it appeared to allow me. But then after 2 reboots I'm back on 538. I did notice a change in On Demand stuff. I can no longer order any 4K material (I think I was trying to view Yellowstone) because a pop-up tells me my bandwidth is inadequate. Before, I had the option to Watch Later. That option is gone. Does anybody else have this (new to me) issue?

I attempted to upgrade to 539 last night, and it appeared to allow me. But then after 2 reboots I'm back on 538. I did notice a change in On Demand stuff. I can no longer order any 4K material (I think I was trying to view Yellowstone) because a pop-up tells me my bandwidth is inadequate. Before, I had the option to Watch Later. That option is gone. Does anybody else have this (new to me) issue?
Did it actually d/l the software and program memory or just reboot and go back to standby?

Did it actually d/l the software and program memory or just reboot and go back to standby?

Unclear. It took awhile so perhaps it was downloading something. It rebooted 3 or 4 times. And I am still at 538.

Unclear. It took awhile so perhaps it was downloading something. It rebooted 3 or 4 times. And I am still at 538.

If you force download the software, it will stop any timers happening at the time or within 30 minutes so it is best to make sure that all timers within that 30 minute time frame are cleared, finished, or paused.

Then, if you have Joeys along linked to your Hopper, it will be best to put them in the stand-by screen. Putting the Hopper in the standby screen can cause the software to download if needed. Once in the standby screen, allow the guide to update and then the software download will happen 5 minutes with a 061 message.

You force the software to update by pressing the home button three times (50.0,52.0,54.x remote) or Menu two times (40.0). This will take you to the DISH Diagnostics screen. Choose "Tools" at the left side of the screen, and then select "Upgrade Software". A 1573 pop up will come up where you can choose "upgrade now"

This will cause the receiver to reboot, then go to the standby screen, and finally to the 061 Software Download screen. Let's be sure to not use the receivers during this process.

You force the software to update by pressing the home button three times (50.0,52.0,54.x remote) or Menu two times (40.0). This will take you to the DISH Diagnostics screen. Choose "Tools" at the left side of the screen, and then select "Upgrade Software". A 1573 pop up will come up where you can choose "upgrade now"

This will cause the receiver to reboot, then go to the standby screen, and finally to the 061 Software Download screen. Let's be sure to not use the receivers during this process.

Thank you for remembering that some of us have the 40. (I also have the 54, but I put that in front of the basement TV. :D) I believe I did indeed choose "upgrade now", and the receiver rebooted and went to standby. I was confused by the standby screen and probably interrupted it before the 061 showed up. Oops.

Here is a list of sequence of events that I made and I think it is still pretty accurate for forcing the Hopper software upgrade. Also attached is pics of the popups you will see.

Attachments

• 1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 6. Code 498 Attention  Updating Remote.jpg
    6. Code 498 Attention Updating Remote.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 162
  • 1 Software Update Sequence.pdf
    217.2 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: TheKrell
Thank you for remembering that some of us have the 40. (I also have the 54, but I put that in front of the basement TV. :D) I believe I did indeed choose "upgrade now", and the receiver rebooted and went to standby. I was confused by the standby screen and probably interrupted it before the 061 showed up. Oops.

No worries! That's what we're here for! :)

Normally, a software upgrade takes about 30 minutes or so. If anything comes up, feel free to reach out to our Facebook and Twitter pages or at a secure chat session at Direct Chat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts