HopperGo transfer problems

Glynn

Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Omaha
Hopper 3 to Hoppergo transfers are painfully slow. It took 9 hours to transfer 2GB. That was about 6 hours of video. Seriously?

Both devices are new as of yesterday. Using cable that came with the HG. USB 2.0.

Using dish anywhere app on iOS device. If it matters- one is iPad mini ios9.3 and a jail broken iPhone 6 with 9.3.

I called dish tech support and I got "sucks to be you". (Nice about it though- they sent "feedback" to the engineers because all their troubleshooting tips were exhausted. They won't call me with a solution even if they have one...but that's "all they can do". So I'm supposed to call them in 8-10 days to see if they have an idea)

I've tried different USB ports on the hopper 3 and I've also reset the HG to factory settings.

They get stuck in the "prepare" process. Took two hours to "prepare" a 30 minute SD sitcom.

I'm ready for the sledgehammer unless someone has an idea. Thanks

First and foremost you need to let your new Hopper settle in for 72 hours. Everything doesn't work straight out of the box or works very slowly. The Hopper updates itself in all that time. I think things will get better after that.

Reactions: Glynn
The only suggestion I have is that if you just got your Hopper 3 yesterday, that you give it a few days to "settle in" and then try another transfer.
For whatever reason, it can be quirky for a few days.

First and foremost you need to let your new Hopper settle in for 72 hours. Everything doesn't work straight out of the box or works very slowly. The Hopper updates itself in all that time. I think things will get better after that.

Seriously? Never heard of such a thing. I suspected it may need an update but my software is current. I guess the flux capacitors need more time fluxing.

I'm desperate. I'm stuck going on a 14 hour road trip + two nights in hotel with 3 slack jawed teens. I was counting on the Hoppergo to act as the everlasting gobstopper.

Thanks for the tip. I may need a referral to see one of your fellow publicans in St. Louis and ditch them at the hotel.

I leave tomorrow at around the 48 hour mark. Maybe I'll get lucky and more will transfer today/tonight.

Reactions: pattykay
The "preparing for mobile" part is always by far the slowest part of the process. Make sure you have smart prepare for mobile checked in your defaults. I've found that some shows still don't seem to auto prepare, but it saves a ton of time for those that do.

The "preparing for mobile" part is always by far the slowest part of the process. Make sure you have smart prepare for mobile checked in your defaults. I've found that some shows still don't seem to auto prepare, but it saves a ton of time for those that do.

Thanks for the tip. I've searched both the hopper 3 and HG settings and can't find a way turn off dumb prepare. The only "smart" anything I found was on dish app. "Smart tune on launch"

In the mobile section on the H3, it only pertains to pairing.

When you mentioned it, I thought I'd seen that but I can't find it.

Thanks for the tip. I've searched both the hopper 3 and HG settings and can't find a way turn off dumb prepare. The only "smart" anything I found was on dish app. "Smart tune on launch"

In the mobile section on the H3, it only pertains to pairing.

When you mentioned it, I thought I'd seen that but I can't find it.
It should be under settings, then timer defaults or something like that. I'm not at home to look at the menu, but I'm pretty sure that's where it is.

Reactions: pattykay and Glynn
It should be under settings, then timer defaults or something like that. I'm not at home to look at the menu, but I'm pretty sure that's where it is.

Thanks. You're right. It's there. I had seen that and I had turned it on. I'm guessing that will only help me with new recordings since yesterday. All the stuff I transferred from my 722k will still need it.

Good to know though. Too bad there's no way to "smart prepare" what's already on the hard drive.

With any luck I'll get 3-4 more hours transferred in the next 24. Thanks again!

Thanks. You're right. It's there. I had seen that and I had turned it on. I'm guessing that will only help me with new recordings since yesterday. All the stuff I transferred from my 722k will still need it.

Good to know though. Too bad there's no way to "smart prepare" what's already on the hard drive.

With any luck I'll get 3-4 more hours transferred in the next 24. Thanks again!
I think you're right about it only helping with new recordings unfortunately. It does help a lot though when they are prepared. I transferred the entire new Star Wars movie in around 20 minutes because it was already prepared.

I think you're right about it only helping with new recordings unfortunately. It does help a lot though when they are prepared. I transferred the entire new Star Wars movie in around 20 minutes because it was already prepared.

I just tested it out. Wow. I transferred a 2 hour show from last night in about 45 seconds.

Sounds like it's going to suck for a while but at least now I know. Not knowing the fix is the worst part!

They ought to clue in the people answering phones at Dish.

Thanks again!

I just tested it out. Wow. I transferred a 2 hour show from last night in about 45 seconds.

Sounds like it's going to suck for a while but at least now I know. Not knowing the fix is the worst part!

They ought to clue in the people answering phones at Dish.

Thanks again!
Great, glad the already prepared show worked so well for you. Now at least you have a little peace of mind that the equipment you just bought isn't a total waste of money.

Hello, I’m trying to study and learn before asking questions so I didn’t even look to see how old this thread is, but, I too am having the same identical problem and thought Inhad it fixed, after I learned from you all not to be connected to the network to transfer, by cancelling all of the pending queued uploads and starting over again (not reset) and the darn thing started transferring, so I was excited as hell. Well, it finished, then I went to do another one and it said hoppergo not connected and I haven’t gotten it to work since, which hasn’t been that long yet. My question, finally, is, to “break” it on, how do you do it? Just leave it plugged into the receiver for a couple days? I’m just now hooking it up for the first time. Well, I wasted my night last night with chatting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)