Hoppers won't stay paired?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rickaren

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
IN
Always something these days. Guess this is not software since I don't see another post, so is this a hardware issue? Strange that I can go to the bedroom Hopper and start a recording there and it will bring back the listings for recordings to the main home theater Hopper. Also soft or hard re-boots work too. Starting to drive both of us crazy. Any suggestions?

I'm having issues with seeing the correct list of recordings between Hoppers, too - sometimes it works right away, frequently it takes a couple tries. And mine just started recently, so I think it's due to the last software update.

Here too.

It usually works right if you quit out of the DVR list and go back to full screen video before calling up the list from the other Hopper.

It started 2 software updates ago.

I was thinking it could be the hotter weather effecting the Duo Node (switch) located in our garage in a home distribution panel. It sure is much warmer in there recently. If that switch or the 2-way splitter to two Joyey units were AC powered I would not think they could be an issue. Software, hopefully. Would call Tech support but not sure how to explain what is happening and how I am able to correct it. I have always use a hard reboot to solve any issues in the past with our Hoppers, but find a soft reboot is much faster (less of recording shows are missed) and that seems to correct this issue too. It is always the main (home theater) Hopper that will not pair, where the other (bedroom) Hopper never experiences any problems. One thing I have learned over years of being an "early adapter" with satellite and home theater is that I am never the ONLY one with an issue, there are always others. Glad the see that is still true.

What exactly is going on? The Hopper doesn't pair to anything, so I want to be sure I understand. You try to access Hopper 2 from Hopper 1 and the DVR list doesn't load each time, and a reboot fixes it? I have 2 Hoppers and while I notice some sluggishness sometimes when accessing content from my 2nd Hopper, the DVR recordings always load.

Sometimes if you are on Hopper 1 DVR list then select Hopper 2 the list for Hopper 2 will actually be of Hopper 1's list of recordings.

I started having the same issue with being able to view recordings from my dual hopper system, after the most recent software of S503 was pushed to both of my Hoppers w/Sling. If I click on the bedroom hopper in the drop down menu from my main Hopper in the basement, instead of pulling up the recordings from the bedroom Hopper it just shows all the saved recordings from the main Hopper in the basement and vice versa. The only work around I've found that works on my system is to use my phone or iPad to rest the receiver that I'm trying to pull the recordings from, which is a pain because since S503 downloaded it takes quite awhile for the receivers to reset. It seems to me that the Hoppers w/sling have slowed down considerably since downloading S503, needless to say I'm less than thrilled with the latest software. Please Dish, just fix the bugs and let us use our equipment without the hassle of having to learn work arounds to do basic functions of the Hoppers.

I finally figured a "Work-A-Round" to correct my issue (instead of reboots or getting up to activating the other Hooper with some selection) of the Main Hooper not showing Icons of shows available on the Bedroom Hopper. You click on the MY RECORDINGS and the Bedroom Hooper and the Icons are the same as the Main Hooper!

I now click on My Recordings and select Daily Schedule when this issue happens, then go back to My Recordings and select Bedroom Hopper and then the correct Bedroom Bedroom My Recordings are shown!

It's like some event must be taken on either Hooper to energize this function, that only happens once in a while. Anyway this works now until the next update that hopefully corrects this issue on our set-up.

Well this most annoying issue (especially for my Wife) was corrected with the S512 update! Thanks DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)