Sling In Your Car

I think the Android Auto stuff is a lot more promising. Unless I am sorely mistaken, the Google I/O presentation of AA said you would be able to stream video from your phone to your car's screen. Hmmm. I just looked it up again and I don't see a video streaming option in AA probably because of safety concerns.

One thing that would be nice in the DishAnywhere app would be an option for Audio-only, just so you can listen to a program while driving in your car. Sporting events come to mind. This would require less bandwidth over your cellular data connection (i.e., cheaper) which should allow higher quality audio.

Dish anywhere does have the audio only option for anything you playback already. Would be cool if they had a service similar to sirius xm with an audio version of all their video channels on Dish.

Dish anywhere does have the audio only option for anything you playback already. Would be cool if they had a service similar to sirius xm with an audio version of all their video channels on Dish.
It does? Cool! I was using my phone and earbuds while I was working in the yard this fall (hours raking leaves) while in range of the home WiFi and I had problems with the screen being lit killing the battery. I'll have to look at the Options/Settings on the App.

Thanks!

Only on some phones and depends what gen hopper....I have a Note 2, and the first gen Hopper and never have had the option....Friend has it working, might not be video but screen is still light which was not well thought out....still drains battery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)