HopperWS High pitched noise and HD signal loss

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
When Nik Walenda's Skywire Live event aired a couple of weeks ago I was watching it and Discovery kept reverting to the SD version and a very high pitched noise would start without going away until the channel was changed a few times. We thought it was bad wiring or bad dish signal alignment. New dish installed, new LNBs, New wires and the problem came back on the same HWS. Just chatted with advanced tech support and got a shipment on the way since new SW didn't fix this problem.

Also this hopper has a bug where some of the shows on my daily schedule are listed as completed but don't show up in the DVR :confused: Hopefully everything will be fixed by friday when UPS delivers the replacement.

This is happening on every channel. Example CNN comes on 110w on TP 18 which is a PR HD Spot Beam.

The signal level there is 77-80. It just randomly loses the SB's signal and reverts to the SD channel which is somewhere on 119 I believe.

Once its forced to use the SD channel, a horrible noise replaces the channel's audio which is similar to a dog whistle. (Very annoying when loud).

The solution is to unplug the receiver but it returns after a few days.

I have a HWS otw to replace this one since Its been driving me nuts. It will arrive later this week.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ugh the DAMN noise is back and I'm getting the switching from HD to SD again ....

I think I know what you're talking about... I have occasionally heard it. It sounds kinda like those old tube TVs used to sound when they are on, but louder right?

The only fix is a reboot?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I think I know what you're talking about... I have occasionally heard it. It sounds kinda like those old tube TVs used to sound when they are on, but louder right?

The only fix is a reboot?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yes and yes! The thing is that its very loud and constant forcing me to turn off the tv

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)