Horrible BDs. Worse Reporting Policy.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Barry9196

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
It seems as if every BD I get lately has problems. They either won't load at all, or will freeze somewhere in the middle of a movie. What is even worse is that I get penalized for reporting a problem. Instead of them shipping a new disk out right away, I have to now add it back to the queue, which tacks on an additional 2-3 days before I get a replacement.

So now I wait for the next disk to arrive and it has the same problems. Wait another few days and maybe I'll get one that works. If not, the cycle starts all over again.

Is it poor disk quality? Poor packaging? Poor quality control? I rarely had this problem with regular DVDs, only BD.

Just as an FYI, if it doesn't play in my BD player, I will always try on my computer with the same results. So I know it is the disk, not the player. I also will clean the disks.

Does Dish even care about Blockbuster?

If Dish can make BB work and increase subs, thye will keep it until they drive it into the ground, the same as they have done to sling adapter. They are looking for gimmicks to increase subs, if they don't work out, they throw them into the scrap pile. The cell phone is just another gimmick too. Just wait and see them discard it when it doesn't increase subs.
Same for autohop, just gimmicks.

Of the 20 or so I have rented, I had two that would not play, one did after I took a cleaning cloth to clean it, other would not play. Long before Dish was involved with Blockbuster I would sometimes get one that would not play, not very often if I had to guess, one every 30 times or so.

Of the 20 or so I have rented, I had two that would not play, one did after I took a cleaning cloth to clean it, other would not play. Long before Dish was involved with Blockbuster I would sometimes get one that would not play, not very often if I had to guess, one every 30 times or so.

We have recieved two defective discs since BB@H started with Platinum package. Both times the discs were fairly heavily scratched and skipped and froze a lot. But that is a very low defect rate considering all the discs we've gotten. I remember renting from Hollywood Video (remember them?) back in the day and discs were usually almost always in tough shape. That is why I mostly bought what I wanted to see. BB@H seems to be much better for us. Never tried Netflix or Redbox so can't compare them.

It seems as if every BD I get lately has problems. They either won't load at all, or will freeze somewhere in the middle of a movie. What is even worse is that I get penalized for reporting a problem. Instead of them shipping a new disk out right away, I have to now add it back to the queue, which tacks on an additional 2-3 days before I get a replacement.
When you report a problem with a disc you have a choice of receiving another copy of the same movie, or the next one in your queue. I had to do that a couple weeks ago and I received the replacement the day after I sent back the original...

When you report a problem with a disc you have a choice of receiving another copy of the same movie, or the next one in your queue. I had to do that a couple weeks ago and I received the replacement the day after I sent back the original...

When you report the second one, you don't have that option any longer. They tell you to add it back to your queue manually.

The last 2 bluray disks said they wern't compatible. Tried them in both of my bluray players without success. Redbox blurays work fine.

The last 2 bluray disks said they wern't compatible. Tried them in both of my bluray players without success. Redbox blurays work fine.

Same thing happened to me on Apollo 18. It said it was not compatible on any of my blu ray players, or the Xbox either.

I wish people understood how to handle disks properly. :mad:

Same thing happened to me on Apollo 18. It said it was not compatible on any of my blu ray players, or the Xbox either.
On my player, Apollo 18 played fine for a while, then locked up. I would get past it, then it would happened again.

I had a similar problem with the Hanna blu-ray. Didn't work on my stand-alone blu-ray player or PS3. I had Blockbuster send me a second disk, but same problem.

Forgot to mention. Got another Apollo 18 from Redbox. Did the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)