Horrible TV2 PQ

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Ever since we upgraded to HD (when we had a dish 500, the TV2 pq was great), the TV2 picture from our 622 has been horrible. I know it's not the 622's problem because we've already had four other 622s and the pq is still horrible. I attached a picture that might help fixing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    597.5 KB · Views: 223
Ever since we upgraded to HD (when we had a dish 500, the TV2 pq was great), the TV2 picture from our 622 has been horrible. I know it's not the 622's problem because we've already had four other 622s and the pq is still horrible. I attached a picture that might help fixing it.
Bad cable or connector. Start tracing/replacing.

it could be the diplexer is installed backwards.that happens sometimes.or it could be bad alltogether.that is if you are using diplexers.if not, it is for sure a bad cable or connector.

Yeah...we have quite a few diplexers. How would I know which one is bad? Just start replacing them? Where could I pick up some new diplexers, if needed?

Do this, Go to Menue #6-#1-#5 change the TV to Antenna mode or Cable mode. On Antenna mode try channel 21, And on Cable Mode try channel 62........

WARNING When you change the settings on the receiver cable mode/antenna mode you must change your TV settings to off air or cable TV

All you need to do is try different channels. Cable works better for me, specially channel 73. but Antenna works for others. As mentioned above if you change the modulator output channel, make sure you change it on your TV too.

All you need to do is try different channels. Cable works better for me, specially channel 73. but Antenna works for others. As mentioned above if you change the modulator output channel, make sure you change it on your TV too.

I fell into this boat as well. When I had the old 500 series channel 65 antenna worked fine, but when I upgraded to the 722, it looked exactly like your pic. Switched it to cable 73 and looks fine!

I switched it to cable 73 and the picture still looks horrible. I get these diagonal lines going across the screen now...it's really weird. Changing to other channels in the mod. setup looks bad too.

This probably isn't it, but...

When we had the 722 installed, our TV2 had a horrible picture. I'm still not sure what the problem was, but when we connected through the coax connections the picture had ghosts. I ended up using our DVD player to accept the coax input and connected to the TV with SVideo. The picture is fine now.

SD

This probably isn't it, but...

When we had the 722 installed, our TV2 had a horrible picture. I'm still not sure what the problem was, but when we connected through the coax connections the picture had ghosts. I ended up using our DVD player to accept the coax input and connected to the TV with SVideo. The picture is fine now.

SD
That's a good point. We used to have an old Mits TV and had to do the same thing.

It could be also a long cable run.
I had this problem when I had 622.
The solution was easy: I installed a powered signal booster at the cable split location (I used it for several TVs).

Had this same exact issue after upgrading to the 722. PQ on tv2 was horrid after the upgrade...ghosts...diagonal flashing lines... was somewhat improved by passing through the dvd recorder. Started messing around with changing the channel settings for tv2 in the setup and voila! the pq is better now than it ever was with the 522. ( i think i was using channel 63 previously and am now using 21 if i remember correctly)

As already stated check set up in 622. I use channel 25 and picture is
just great, the higher up I go towards channel 73 it gets fuzzy and similar to what your snap shot showed.

Good luck

I've installed dozens and dozens of Dish TV2s.
The default modulation setting is air 60, We learned over time to reset every tv2 modulation to AIR 22. Nothing in our area interferes with this setting.
Thus, if we have a PQ problem we know it's somewhere in the line - connection, diplexer, splitter.
The OP only needs one new diplexer, replace the first and test. Work your way to tv2.
If I'm not mistaken, AIR22 is the same frequency as Cable73.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts