Horror Story in a Nutshell

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Despite me clearly telling the CSR on 2/1 that I needed a Dish 1000 satellite along with a new receiver for the HD upgrade and despite the fact that he twice acknowledged that fact, the installer showed up without it today. He then wanted to just install the 411 and come back later in the week. I told him that I thought it would cause me to lose my current HD programming on the 811. He called the Dish retailer number and the lady assured both of us that the 411 could be installed without affecting current programming. Guess what? I've lost all HD channels and my digital OTA's won't show up in the guide. After a 1 hour 30 minute conversation with a Tech Support lady, the bottom line is I'm screwed because of inept and misinformed Dish employees. So, for a $50 upgrade fee, I LOST the HD pack and OTA digital locals and didn't gain a thing. They say all we be well after the 1000 is installed this Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. What did I get for ruining my entire Sunday and losing programming? A $3.22 credit.

SatinKzo said:
Why won't your OTA's show up?

According to Dish, it's because the 411 hasn't been activated to receive HD yet, since I don't have the 1000. We shall see. They really didn't know. They only came up with that after 90 minutes of tech support trial and error.

I know they said they are charging a fee for a HD receiver without HD programming package and that the OTA wasn't something they wanted to have be the only funtion of some of their HD receivers. Seems odd they couldn't at least send the authrorization to your account even if you can't see 129 yet. I would hope they don't charge you the addtional fee for no HD programming yet. I would keep an eye on your bill.

$3.22 doesn't even buy a happy meal from McD's. Sorry to hear about your experience. That's awful. And to be slighted at no fault of your own. Grrrr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)