Horse Racing Coming to Satellite November 15th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

space86

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
According to the website of the Racetrack Television Network it now appears that November 15th is the new tentative date for this extensive package to move to Dish Network. (The package was supposed to launch back in September.)

Will we see this package tomorrow on Dish Network?

Mods you can close this thread

Just read on there website that the new date is To be announced.

I don't know which is worse -- that Dish doesn't seem to be able to get its act together on adding any channels at all, or that they want to use a huge chunk of bandwidth for a niche market.

40 channels for horse racing when they haven't even added any general-interest channels in a while? What part of that was unclear?

I just found out something even more ridiculous. I was going to bash RTN for wanting to be on Dish when they're already on Ku-band. But I see now that their website says that they're moving to Dish Network. Whoa. (No pun intended.) What's wrong with staying where they are?

I expect that they are likely leasing space from Echostar on one of their non-core satellites. I assume that those that wish to subscribe to the service will do so either directly through Racetrack or perhaps they will lease that out to Echostar/Dish Network as well.
Anyway, I do not believe that Dish itself is adding the channels per say, but that Racetrack is leasing space from dish for their service.

40 channels for horse racing when they haven't even added any general-interest channels in a while? What part of that was unclear?

I just found out something even more ridiculous. I was going to bash RTN for wanting to be on Dish when they're already on Ku-band. But I see now that their website says that they're moving to Dish Network. Whoa. (No pun intended.) What's wrong with staying where they are?
They have added more than D* so take a chill pill

But this horse racing package is already chewing up a transponder and a half on another satellite. I haven't heard anything about why they're moving. It would be nice if Dish would stick them someplace out-of-the-way like 118 or 105 (do they still own any rights to 105?) since their subscribers are already used to the idea of having a dish just for that package.

And this package is so expensive that I wonder if they're going to sell it bundled with normal Dish programming or by itself.

waste

Total waste while we can't seem to get ESPNU in HD. I'll go back to Time Warner when my contract is up if they don't get off the horse's ass and add this. :) Pun intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)