Hot Dish 75CM big enough for Galaxy 10R??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Guys,
I found what I consider an awesome deal that is the Twinhan VP1020A with a Hot Dish 75 cm dish for around $140 shipped. My question is, will this dish be big enough for me to pickup Galaxy 10R to get some of the network channels up there? I am basically wanting to get a few of the WB channels for a few shows the wife watches because we no longer get a WB channel.

Also for the Twinhan, I will be using an athlon 700 with 512 Ram and an old Geforce 1 card. Will that be enough horsepower to record those shows? Also, does this card get any FTA HD channels in the Ku band?

thanks all!

PS if that is not a good deal for card and dish, please tell me.

Sounds like a deal, beats my price by $20 : ) If it includes the ku LNB even better, the 30" hot dish works good for G 10 for me, have fun!

Timmy
Thats what I'm using as a dish for G10 and it works real good (I dont have a UPN or WB with my locals so this compensates for it) :)

Had tot ake the pan off the day it got real windy...didnt want it in the next county :)

PSB said:
Sounds like a deal, beats my price by $20 : ) If it includes the ku LNB even better, the 30" hot dish works good for G 10 for me, have fun!

Here is the quote of what it includes from the website.

VP1020A Twinhan PCI Satellite Card with Remote Control
Hot Dish 75CM Satellite Dish / DMSI 0.5db Ku-Band LNBF
$119.00 plus 25.00 shipping within the 48 Cont. United States

Plus it's within 160 miles of me so shipping time would be fairly low.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts