Hot Dish 75CM big enough for Galaxy 10R??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Guys,
I found what I consider an awesome deal that is the Twinhan VP1020A with a Hot Dish 75 cm dish for around $140 shipped. My question is, will this dish be big enough for me to pickup Galaxy 10R to get some of the network channels up there? I am basically wanting to get a few of the WB channels for a few shows the wife watches because we no longer get a WB channel.

Also for the Twinhan, I will be using an athlon 700 with 512 Ram and an old Geforce 1 card. Will that be enough horsepower to record those shows? Also, does this card get any FTA HD channels in the Ku band?

thanks all!

PS if that is not a good deal for card and dish, please tell me.

Sounds like a deal, beats my price by $20 : ) If it includes the ku LNB even better, the 30" hot dish works good for G 10 for me, have fun!

Timmy
Thats what I'm using as a dish for G10 and it works real good (I dont have a UPN or WB with my locals so this compensates for it) :)

Had tot ake the pan off the day it got real windy...didnt want it in the next county :)

PSB said:
Sounds like a deal, beats my price by $20 : ) If it includes the ku LNB even better, the 30" hot dish works good for G 10 for me, have fun!

Here is the quote of what it includes from the website.

VP1020A Twinhan PCI Satellite Card with Remote Control
Hot Dish 75CM Satellite Dish / DMSI 0.5db Ku-Band LNBF
$119.00 plus 25.00 shipping within the 48 Cont. United States

Plus it's within 160 miles of me so shipping time would be fairly low.

Status
Please reply by conversation.