Hot dog dishes?

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
Due to an ordering accident at work and a stupid cheap price, I'm now in possession of around 10 pounds of hot dogs (62 fat Ball Park franks originally meant for a Hess gas station). Beyond franks & beans and mac & cheese & casserole, what should I do with all these things? I have a range, oven, and toaster oven at my disposal. I'm thinking tonight might be curry with hot dog over rice.

Never understood the appeal of corn dogs, especially after I had one.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: emily
Due to an ordering accident at work and a stupid cheap price, I'm now in possession of around 10 pounds of hot dogs (62 fat Ball Park franks originally meant for a Hess gas station). Beyond franks & beans and mac & cheese & casserole, what should I do with all these things? I have a range, oven, and toaster oven at my disposal. I'm thinking tonight might be curry with hot dog over rice.
What about cutting them into pieces (approx. 1-2 inch long) cooking them up with chili and serving topped with onion and shredded cheese, an old dorm favorite :)

chop em up, and toss them in with some cabbage and ham. I use kielbasa sausage in my cabbage, why not use some good ole franks....get crafty! It's edible, invent something new!

Reactions: emily
I'd forgotten about this thread... We did hot dog curry (once), lots of franks & beans, chili dogs, one massive hot dog omelette (one hot dog, onion, green pepper, three eggs, american cheese), mac & cheese & dog & broccoli, grilled, and good ol' hot dog on a bun with fixins. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. My coworker that bought the other case used them for his birthday party.

Edit: it may depend on which kind of curry you use. I'd try it again. My fiancee prefers masaman but we used Japanese curry bricks for the hot dogs.

I'd forgotten about this thread... We did hot dog curry (once), lots of franks & beans, chili dogs, one massive hot dog omelette (one hot dog, onion, green pepper, three eggs, american cheese), mac & cheese & dog & broccoli, grilled, and good ol' hot dog on a bun with fixins. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. My coworker that bought the other case used them for his birthday party.

Edit: it may depend on which kind of curry you use. I'd try it again. My fiancee prefers masaman but we used Japanese curry bricks for the hot dogs.

Mercy....LOL I can feel my Arteries closing up as I read that....phew! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts