Hot to program DTC210 remote to control Directivo unit (DVR80)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chipwells

Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
How to program DTC210 remote to control Directivo unit (DVR80)?

I am installing a new RCA DTC210 in my family room and will also have an RCA DVR80 connected to the same TV. I would like to use the Universal remote for the DTC210 to control both boxes. The instructions indicate either the Aux1 or Aux2 buttons can be programmed to control another satellite receiver, but there are no codes for my DirecTivo unit. I've tried the satellite codes and they don't work. I've searched high and low on the internet and I get the impression there is a way to make this work, but I haven't found it yet. Any help is appreciated.

Have you called tech support? What satellite codes did you try, IE where did they come from? I'm not sure how programable that remote is since I don't have my resources. And well there is just too many damned remotes to remember wich ones are a pain and which are cool. Try DTV tech support, I'm sure your remote will have an auto code search function, and if that doesn't work then you are SOL untill you buy a new universal remote.

The new white universals that DTV is distibuting for remote replacements now would work like a charm I belive.(not sure if it has an AUX1/AUX2 or if the VCR or DVD can be programed to an IRD).. But ask tech support since they have their computers with all that info in front of them

EDIT-see if RCA or DTV's website has the codes or auto code search info.

I did the auto code search but my understanding is that it only goes through the codes for the listed devices. I suspect there is an unlisted code that would work. Perhaps DTV support will know...

Well a DTV DVR uses the stand alone tivo code, they all do. Look to see if you see a code for tivo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)