Hot To Touch Terk

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kyrea44

Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
I just installed the Terk 5x8 Multiswitch with the DC power adapter. I have a Direct TV triple sat with seven receivers coming off of the multiswitch. (Two for the Tivo.) Question-When I went down about three hours after it was plugged in and hooked up, it felt hot to touch. Not the DC adapter, but the board itself. Is this normal? Also, how long do these things last? Won't it just slowly burn out?

I have a Terk 5X8 multi-switch up in my attic just North of Houston. As you can imagine, it gets pretty hot up there. I've had the switch for about 2 1/2 years and have had no problem with it thus far.

Kyrea44 said:
I just installed the Terk 5x8 Multiswitch with the DC power adapter. I have a Direct TV triple sat with seven receivers coming off of the multiswitch. (Two for the Tivo.) Question-When I went down about three hours after it was plugged in and hooked up, it felt hot to touch. Not the DC adapter, but the board itself. Is this normal? Also, how long do these things last? Won't it just slowly burn out?

Mine gets quite warm as well but seems to be working as far as I know. I think its supposed to since it is powered. If they put a fan on it I expect it would increase the size and decrease the weather resistance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)